CoasterBuzz Podcast #61 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Bell's is still the story that defies logic.
- Cedar Fair attendance is down ever so slightly, but we think it's a non-event.
- Pat is the Wiggles master, and says the cult-ish characters are a win for Six Flags.
- Six Flags Marine World becomes Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Not a great name. Did they learn anything from their experience in Ohio?
- Regarding the lawsuit by accused (and cleared) guy, where do you draw the line between public safety, reason and protecting your own interests?
- Ralph Stricker built his own coasters.
- Myrtle Beach Pavilion a pile of dust, and we thank the local paper for the play-by-play.
- How valuable is the Toy Story brand? Hopefully it's strong given the rumors of a new attraction for Disney-MGM.
- The guys have plenty to say about the potential for no-re-entry policy at Six Flags, but Jeff thinks it's just a stupid rumor.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast