CoasterBuzz Podcast #5 posted
Posted Monday, October 24, 2005 11:58 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Greg, Scott and Pat review news in the amusement industry.
- A fake attraction announcement memo makes the rounds through Six Flags Great America and the media.
- Kennywood sues West Mifflin for what they say is an unfair amusement tax targeted at the park. Our two Pittsburgh residents talk about the black hole of taxation.
- Six Flags sets record date for vote to boot board members, and companies start reviewing the books to consider purchase of the chain.
- Six Flags Over Texas will get ten new rides, presumably from the closing Six Flags Astroworld. Our panelists say the original Six Flags park is fabulous.
- Liz Collier and David Hodgkinson join us from North One Television in London. They're producing a series for The Discovery Channel called "Building The Biggest," which will include an episode about the construction of wood roller coasters. We ask the producers how these shows get made.
- Anyone that has Super-8 footage from amusement parks should contact the producers by way of Jeff to contribute to the show.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast