CoasterBuzz Podcast #210 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Carrie and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Obligatory excuses about why we haven't had a show in a month and a half.
- As quarterly results come in for amusement park companies, the results just keep getting better and better. So how is it that the economy is allegedly so terrible?
- How did Six Flags realize a 44% boost in profit?
- The national tone toward the economy is so negative. From the tea bag to the occupy movement, no one actually seems interested in innovating or doing anything.
- Carrie talks about perspective: This ain't the Great Depression.
- Where did hamburgers come from?
- Mike is a Disney Kool-Aid® drinking freak.
- Jeff describes his drive back across the country. And his new drill. That thing can screw.
- PETA sues SeaWorld for slavery. The whales are apparently making keychains 20 hours a day for sale in the gift shop.
- Legoland Florida opened, and Jeff wants to go next year. Mike will skip it because his kids are princess freaks.
- Jeff finally understands why Disney has so many parades. His 20-month-old loved the Halloween parade at Cedar Point.
- Does anyone know the total number of boat rides inside the gates of Disney World's four parks?
- The cast is disappointed about the no-duel rule of Dragon Challenge at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Despite the gruesome accident, we hate that it can't just be chalked up to "bad things happen."
- Carrie gives a shout out to the staff of Dorney Park for the VIP tour service.
- Several parks out east have their seasons cut short because of the crazy Nor'easter storm that dumped snow on them.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast