CoasterBuzz Podcast #21 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Disney profit up. It's safe to say the post-9/11 travel slump is over.
- Media companies shed theme parks because they (or their investors) don't see the long-term value of owning the parks.
- George Millay: A rare figure in a relatively small industry.
- Six Flags owned Great Escape opens its indoor water park and resort. We place our bets on Six Flags Great Adventure as the next site for a facility like this.
- Shapiro visits Six Flags Elitch Gardens, and we might concede that this guy actually knows what he's doing.
- Disney struggles to close the cultural divide in the Hong Kong park. We remember that this isn't the first time they didn't get the locals.
- Cedar Fair on the up and up in every category. Place your bets on sustained growth!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast