CoasterBuzz Podcast #199 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Carrie, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- CoasterBuzz has a Windows Phone 7 app. Check it out.
- Carrie went to Tennessee for the New Year. Did the Dollywood holiday thing, found Thunderhead to be just OK. Doesn't mind saying that she's not that interested in riding in bad weather.
- Holy Land in Orlando comes off as completely strange to many.
- The Cedar Fair vs. Q Investments saga continues, with mudslinging worthy of a political campaign. Jeff asks who is lying about the Falfas situation: termination or resignation?
- Experts say Freestyle Music Park won't reopen. Really?
- Disney's queue management isn't just Fastpass, it's getting the crowds to go where there's excess capacity, even if that means parades.
- Disneyland and DCA close on two days because of crazy attendance.
- Knott's sells "Hate to Wait" passes, as the premium virtual queue comes to a Cedar Fair park. Doesn't seem like a particularly good deal to us.
- Dudley Doo-Right catches fire at Islands of Adventure. It's a water ride.
- Fun Spot expands on International Drive. Mike thinks the karts look cool. Jeff says try the electric carts if they exist near you.
- Block Party Bash retired at Disney Hollywood Studios.
- Zamperla gets fined for tearing down Shoot The Freak. So goes the Coney Island "character."
- If you get photographed at a park, deal with it. You pretty much have no rights in said public place.
- Disney prices go up on both coasts for the locals. Gonch says they apparently stayed the same in Orlando for the better part of a decade.
- Conneaut Lake Park begs for more money from Pepsi. We all say "I told you so." Just let the place die peacefully.
- Cedar Fair attendance up significantly, we suspect it has a lot to do with the Halloween events, combined with the big cap ex in the southern parks.
- Legoland Florida is selling a lifetime pass. Only $2,500!
- Mike saw Tron. He thought it was cool.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Visit the CoasterBuzz Podcast.