CoasterBuzz Podcast #194 posted
Posted Monday, October 11, 2010 12:08 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Gonch, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Carrie says recounts her experience at Phoenix Phall Phunfest at Knoebels. Accommodations are "challenging" around that area. Watch out for severed chicken heads.
- Canobie Lake Park waiting on the traffic study to proceed with Euro Fighter.
- Extreme World civil suit settled out of court, criminal trial of operator yet to come. We're still not comfortable with the precedent of someone doing a minimum wage job being charged with a crime.
- Food & Wine Festival begins at Epcot. It's about cheese and wine, not drink around the world advance mode. Sidebar: box wine.
- Checketts is out at S&S, no longer holding any stake and not consulting. What's with entrepreneurs that totally let go of something they started?
- Cedar Fair sets out concrete financial goals for 2015, and reinstates the distribution. Does the entire sale fiasco seem even more ridiculous? This causes zero confidence for the executive team.
- Another orca dies at SeaWorld Orlando, tired debate resumes about "free" versus captive animals.
- Good clowns protest portrayal of evil clowns at Alton Towers. We all agree that it's probably a scam. And when did clowns become primarily evil? Sidebar: Insane Clown Posse are Evangelical Christians. And still not musicians. Also sidebar: Katy Perry and Elmo on Sesame Street.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom announces a swing tower. They're the new drop tower.
- Minor accident involving rollback on Pony Express at Knott's Berry Farm injures ten people. Expect the state to shut it down and investigate for two years.
- Zippin Pippin rises in Green Bay. How many roller coasters did Elvis actually ever ride?
- Mental illness advocates ask Cedar Point to shut down its asylum haunted attractions. Mike says it's the fault of Hollywood.
- BooBuzz returns to Cedar Point on Friday, October 15.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast