CoasterBuzz Podcast #192 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World is in the books for 2010, with about 130 people attending.
- Mike did the water park, and loves the way the size handles the crowds.
- Holiday World and Splashin' Safari announces new stuff for next year. [Ed. note: We forgot to mention the new family slides! -J]
- The crew talks about the joys of road tripping. And rental cars.
- Six Flags keeps adding Paramount Parks folk to its lineup. Cedar Fair loses.
- Universal modifies Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey to accommodate larger people, and it's part of a trend around Orlando. Jeff gets on a pretty long rant about eating right and not being so damn lazy when it comes to convenience. Carrie makes the case that there's big cultural change that has to happen.
- SeaWorld Orlando makes some temporary changes to minimize risk to trainers.
- Owner of Geauga Lake's Big Dipper continues to make an ass out of himself with attention whoring and threats to tear down the ride.
- Six Flags Great Adventure announces Chang, er, Green Lantern. It's new to them!
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Tampa tease new stuff.
- Luna Park at Coney Island has crazy good year. What's next?
- Cedar Point's Mean Streak catches fire, but it's not serious, much to the dismay of enthusiasts everywhere.
- New restaurants open at Epcot, Jeff says he'd like to get down there for the food and wine festival one of these years.
- BooBuzz returns to Cedar Point on Friday, October 15.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast