CoasterBuzz Podcast #189 posted
Posted Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:52 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Gonch, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Carrie is Hersheypark happy.
- Woman allegedly harassed by security at Six Flags America for breastfeeding, despite Maryland law. Jeff and Gonch are all for it, Carrie says our culture has too many mixed messages about what to be inhibited about.
- Family of boy who saw trainer drowning at SeaWorld sues the park. Jeff hates that everyone assumes every lawsuit is crap and lawyers are evil, even if this one isn't the greatest.
- Mike's older daughter turns three, tries to be a roller coaster enthusiast like her dad.
- Cedar Fair announces four Mondial WindSeekers, for Canada's Wonderland, Knott's Berry Farm, Cedar Point and Kings Island. Shocker.
- Meanwhile, Funtime probably pissed off the entire industry by blowing the secret on Cedar Fair's ride announcements, and sets all kinds of bad will with the rest of the industry in the process.
- We can't really decide if the WindSeeker rides will have broad appeal or not. They might or might not be thrilling rides, but the height might also get to people.
- Sorry, Michigan's Adventure is not ripe for more giant rides. Muskegon has nice beaches, but wow is it out of the way from everywhere.
- It sounds like there's a GM shake up in progress around Six Flags, which is not surprising with new executives in place.
- Butterbeer, the beverage available at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, is all the rage. Some Web site found out what the nutritional data was. It's practically health food to the typical enthusiast.
- Freestyle Music Park board bails, Gonch waxes nostalgic about Hard Rock Park, and for the millionth time, Jeff wonders what might have been. Carrie says Knights In White Satin will go down as the best dark ride ever as time goes on. Jeff also wonders if the licensing company did a poor job vetting the company that developed the park.
- Businesses around Legoland Florida are all excited about it, but is it really enough of a stand-alone thing to keep people in town?
- Luna Park at Coney Island serves up a million rides. Is it dirty enough?
- Carowinds announces its own light show. We all like it.
- Geauga Lake's Big Dipper shows up on eBay, and no one knows for real who owns it.
- Register today for The Fall Affair at Holiday World! Join us Saturday, September 18.
- BooBuzz returns to Cedar Point on Friday, October 15.
- Check out the event list on the CoasterBuzz Club page.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast