CoasterBuzz Podcast #187 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Gonch, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Alton Towers designates hotel rooms as sexy and non-sexy. Marketing stunt or real?
- Dollywood announces Barnstormer, an S&S swing. Good to see that these are not another dead product after the initial issues.
- Tower accident in Dells likely operator error. Ride doesn't have much in the way of mechanical interlocks to prevent tragedy.
- Harry Potter's journey is forbidden for the overweight, and one guy is using it as his motivation to lose weight.
- Cedar Fair trend reverses: Per cap is down, attendance is up. Once again we explore issues of value.
- Single day ticket at Walt Disney World hits $82, a theme park record. But again, who really does single-day visits?
- IAAPA nails down the Expo to ten years in Orlando. Everybody wins. There used to be so many interesting things from the enthusiast angle about that show.
- Universal Orlando is now 20 years old. Jeff went that year, 1990, and couldn't believe how different it was when he finally made it back in 2001.
- Planet Snoopy comes to Valleyfair, and apparently planets are more popular than camps.
- Register today for The Fall Affair at Holiday World! Join us Saturday, September 18.
- BooBuzz returns to Cedar Point on Friday, October 15.
- Check out the event list on the CoasterBuzz Club page. Got a ticket for Holiday World? Come to the Fall Affair for a couple of bucks extra!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast