CoasterBuzz Podcast #183 posted
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010 12:54 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Will Koch's passing has brought about an outpouring of support and appreciation.
- Iger speculates that Marvel characters could appear at Disney parks, but obviously not in Orlando. We ponder what Universal's contract length might be, but it's probably in the decades.
- King Kong ride will be filmy at Universal Studios Hollywood. Jeff wishes they'd revisit the banana breath giant monkey.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and the reviews are mostly positive despite enormous crowds.
- Jack Falfas did leave Cedar Fair, and Jeff got it right. The aftermath has resulted in a lot of gossip, but not any huge answers. The conversation still leads to the ultimate question: When will Dick Kinzel step aside? Carrie is cautious about what the ex-employee club has to say.
- Chang was on, then off, the agenda for Six Flags Great America. Now it sounds like it'll end up at Six Flags Great Adventure. Stand-up roller coasters still seem like a remarkably bad idea.
- Jeff wore is his recycled Dorney Demon Drop T-shirt to work, and one guy at least knew what Demon Drop was.
- Mike got a spin on Little Dipper at Six Flags Great America.
- Six Flags partners with Foursquare for prizes. Jeff hates the service and wonders why people want to advertise when they're not home.
- Kennywood's Sky Rocket is about to open, and we're pretty excited about it.
- ACE donates some cash to Connaut Lake to refurb Blue Streak. The podcast crew believes that throwing all of this cash at something that isn't sustainable seems like a waste of time and money.
- CoasterBuzz launches the CoasterBuzz 100... the top 100 roller coasters according to track record data. Complete your track record to have your voice heard!
- Give Kids The World is competing for some cash from Pepsi to do some upgrades at the village. Vote now! Coasting for Kids information will be updated this week.
- Check out the event list on the CoasterBuzz Club page. Got a ticket for Holiday World? Come to the Fall Affair for a couple of bucks extra!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast