CoasterBuzz Podcast #160 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat, Carrie and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Once again we welcome Carrie to the show.
- Blackstone buys Busch Entertainment. Hooray! Right? Anybody?
- Disneyland's president bails in the middle of a massive re-do at California Adventure. Isn't that odd?
- Morons get busted at in the Great Adventure parking lot selling fake hand stamps. This happens annually. Gonch found a better deal on the Internet than the scam stamp.
- Libertyland carousel is going into storage, and the preservationists aren't happy about it. Want a carousel horse in your front window? Jeff likes the band organs. A discussion about brass rings ensues.
- Jeff is moving to the death valley of roller coasters, the Pacific Northwest.
- Phantom of the Coney Island, coming to a theatre near you! There's an arena Star Wars orchestra concert tour, Mike says.
- Walt Disney World wins in the let the disabled folks use Segways lawsuit. And by the way, if you've never been on one, do give it a shot. Epcot has a cheap bastard way for you to try it out.
- Six Flags gets its out for the New Orleans park. So what's next for the place?
- Carrie does the Phoenix Phall Phunfest, and likes the fiery bird. Just look out for the covered bridge people.
- Mike's kid is like a horror film.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast