CoasterBuzz Podcast #155 posted
Posted Monday, September 7, 2009 4:12 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Cedar Point's Tony Clark joins the guys to talk about Shoot The Rapids and the fun that comes with marketing a new attraction.
- Tony says that the decisions to install rides are based on guest research.
- Wet factor is likely to be variable, and ride animation is not always complete. Height requirement hasn't yet to be determined.
- New haunts at Cedar Point promise to raise the game. Jeff got to see the new Toy Factory in its early stage, and it's looking awesome.
- BooBuzz 2009 details posted for Cedar Point!
- Disney acquires Marvel, theme park licensing arrangements not likely to change any time soon. Getting a bigger audience is key, but it may not be the theme park audience specifically.
- Analysts suggest Spielberg will take contract extension with Universal Orlando.
- Coasting for Kids event is closing in on $10,000 for Give Kids The World. Way to go CoasterBuzz community!
- "Ticket to Danger" is the part of the new evil, texting while doing anything.
- Old Chicago Riverview photos show up from Tribune, Mike's parents have fond memories of the place.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
- Faux bomb guy in CP parking lot gets lesser charge for his coffee can.
- Chippery franchise is a good buy for an amusement park.
- Halloween hours get longer and some parks even add days.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast