CoasterBuzz Podcast #148 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Euclid Beach carousel controversy is a good example of the complete failure of preservation efforts being a complete mess. Coney Island is another. Why is it so hard for these things to come together.
- Alleged weed smoker booted from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, then says he got a beat down from the security folks.
- Walt Disney World monorail accident a series of tragic human errors. Lots of follow up news over the week, including profiles of the crash victim. The pilot job seems like such a cool job, and he seemed to really dig it.
- Cypress Gardens pulls a Geauga Lake last year, and they're still struggling. Is it an issue of location? Did they make the right decision?
- Ghost Town can't get its marquee attraction open. Is it because the people building the coaster trains have never built coaster trains?
- Southern Star wants Six Flags New Orleans, with a Nickelodeon license, yet the city and Six Flags are not involved. If you keep saying it, maybe it'll come true!
- Speaking of Nickelodeon, SpongeBob turns 10. His appeal is that he's an every sponge. Patrick is a moron though.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg is going to do a holiday event this winter. It's the last season you can try to score extra cash in, depending on your climate.
- Six Flags Great America hosts record public shower. Mike thinks that's a pretty stupid record, and that most records are generally pretty stupid.
- Freestyle Music Park gets to bottom basement gate, which if it weren't for the relatively small investment made to buy the park, would be pretty ridiculous.
- Secrecy over new attractions has begun to fade, as evidenced by the non-secrets at Dominion and Carowinds.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today! Gonch will be there if others show up.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast