CoasterBuzz Podcast #147 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- New ride at Universal Studios Florida still has no opening date. Jeff hears that they're trying hard to get it open by the end of July.
- Beech Bend invites people to ride one of Michael Jackson's Sea Dragon. Coverage of the dead singer has been strange.
- Kings Dominion's GM is profiled, we like the story. And she gets a new Intamin coaster that will be really big.
- No one is talking about the new Carowinds ride yet. Why not?
- Hall of Presidents reopens at Magic Kingdom. Gonch says they can't quite capture Obama's cool in animatronic form.
- Now you can dress up as a pirate, with the whole family at Magic Kingdom. Which princess would you be?
- The chuckin' baby park, Hong Kong Disneyland, wants to boost their attendance by 60%.
- Merlin Entertainment is considering Central Florida for the second US Legoland park. How cool is the Millennium Falcon Lego set?
- Stupid people buy tickets from the back of a van (metaphorically), and they're shocked that the tickets aren't valid.
- Worker hit by train in Dueling Dragons field at Islands of Adventure. Jeff hears the guy was supposed to be there, but it creates more questions than answers.
- Universal partially wins court battle over property taxes.
- S&S gets a couple of roller coasters right. Hooray! Restraints sure are goofy. Intamin's "decorative" shoulder restraints might just be the most evolved.
- Monorail crash at Disney World results in one dead operator. Still putting together what happened.
- CoasterBuzz Club will be going up in price soon, to $25, after eight years at $20. You can still join or renew today at the old rate. Jeff explains why the increase is coming.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today! Gonch will be there if others show up.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast