CoasterBuzz Podcast #142 posted
Posted Monday, June 1, 2009 11:18 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Mike quit his job, CoasterBuzz is Jeff's job and Gonch has issues with his house.
- What are your expectations for the length of this show?
- Worlds of Fun opens its GCI, and Jeff says you can't go wrong with those trains.
- Terminator coaster opens at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Jeff gets the feeling the ride is a lot better than the movie. Christian Bale's silly tirade against the DP was definitely not warranted.
- Six Flags turn around continues, and some comments on the Internet imply that there's still some negative reputation to overcome.
- Obamabot joins the Robot Army of Presidents at Magic Kingdom. Jeff wonders what his speech will be as the other presibots creepily stare at him.
- Disney promotions continue, but for how long?
- Waldameer thrives, so why didn't Conneaut? Gonch says it's partly location, Jeff thinks a lack or reinvestment didn't help either.
- Freestyle getting lots of positive feedback, as it becomes ever more clear that the Hard Rock Park guys really didn't get how to market the place.
- Six Flags New Orleans a symbol of non-recovery. Someone posted video of the dark ride showing just how much of a loss it really is.
- Carowinds job applicant denied because of her dreadlocks. The online debate centers around what the park "can" do and "should" do.
- We're trying to get the band together at the Fall Affair at Holiday World this year. The event flyer has been posted!
- We appreciate your support of CoasterBuzz by joining the club. It's only $20 per year, and your membership helps support this podcast.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast