CoasterBuzz Podcast #138 posted
Posted Monday, April 27, 2009 12:06 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Mike is about to be a dad for the second time. He's not that involved in naming.
- PointBuzz posts a preview for Cedar Point, including Magnum photos. Magnum is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
- Six Flags sent to the ghetto of stock trading.
- A Walt Disney museum is coming together for San Francisco for a price of $110 million.
- Cedar Fair declares its much lower quarterly distribution.
- Cedar Fair may have a deal for the excess land sale around Canada's Wonderland.
- Universal Orlando takes a big attendance hit for the quarter, though a lot of it is the movement of the Easter holiday between quarters. Those parks are streaky in attendance.
- Alton Towers neighbors complain over Nemesis noise, this time caused by new wheels of a different material. Gonch says they have the right to complain.
- People gather to do something, or maybe nothing, about Geauga Lake's Big Dipper.
- Freestyle adds kids rides, Gonch says it will have zero impact on the park. Mike thinks the ride names are dumb.
- Universal Studios Florida coaster is delayed while they pimp the "new" elements of the ride.
- An industry exec tells Jeff that a debt-for-equity swap in Six Flags wouldn't be all that bad, since the company certainly is loaded with assets.
- New Orleans wants the buy-out deal back on the table for Six Flags' lease. Ain't going to happen with Six Flags' future status in limbo.
- We appreciate your support of CoasterBuzz by joining the club. It's still just $20 per year.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast