CoasterBuzz Podcast #121 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Jeff was in Fort Myers getting the total Fay experience.
- Hard Rock Park lays off some people. Lots of strong opinions about the park so far, but a combination of mismatched expectations and poor marketing appear to be hurting the park.
- A bunch of companies are allegedly interested in Busch parks. Jeff doesn't do Spanish. Thank you, Cleveland Public Schools.
- One more year for Coney Island? Gonch loves the dirt of New York, and Jeff thinks it's too big.
- Holiday World announcement forthcoming. Regardless of the new ride, what's the new free service? Lo-Jack your kids? Are parents over protective these days?
- Six Flags offers more results mid-quarter. Have the changes led to long-term gains or just short-term? Investors sure don't care for the company. Cedar Fair says they're making meaningful progress on their debt.
- Disneyland Resort workers not happy about cut benefits. We're surprised Disney offered non-full-timers medical in the first place.
- Kennywood wants no new taxes in writing.
- Who owns the Big Dipper? Pretty sad to see the fly-over video of the park. Villain sure had a short life, and Jeff is more sad about that than whatever happens to the Dipper.
- Stinky story: fair ride powered by cow farts.
- Jeff reports on the progress of the new version of CoasterBuzz. There are science projects and new things in the pipe.
- We record the podcast using a Mackie 1202-VLZ, for those who were interested.
- CoasterBuzz Club events coming up this year: The Fall Affair at Holiday World, and BooBuzz at Cedar Point. Visit the CoasterBuzz Club page for more information.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast