CoasterBuzz Podcast #117 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Busch ups gate at Orlando and Tampa parks. How much is too much? If the market will pay the price, then it's not too much. A little investigation implies that few actually pay the full gate price. Gonch says that the Orlando parks earn their high prices with the experience.
- We hate lines. They're not worth it to us.
- Pleasure Island clubs going away, Disney says. Jeff doesn't think Downtown Disney has much of a night vibe compared to Universal's City Walk. Who actually went to those clubs?
- Decades music theme park coming to Arizona. The developers only need $850 million to break ground.
- Gonch is going to Hard Rock Park. Jeff has heard they've had some turnover in management and they're not doing a very good job marketing the joint.
- Some kid made a big K'Nex roller coaster. Jeff says it's not that cool if it can't complete the course.
- There is some good fun listening to a radio broadcast with Robbie Bell over the demise and alleged improprieties surrounding the boot of Bell's Amusement Park.
- CoasterBuzz Club events coming up this year: The Fall Affair at Holiday World, and BooBuzz at Cedar Point. Visit the CoasterBuzz Club page for more information.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast