CoasterBuzz Podcast #106 posted
Posted Monday, March 3, 2008 7:10 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Dubailand banking on higher per cap spending and more hotel rooms. Busch announces they're building a big park in Dubai as well. Is the tourism industry really going to bank the way the developers are expecting?
- New water park resort next to Six Flags Great America opens under the watch of Famous Dave's founder. He's about the "adult forward" mode, giving the grown ups something to do.
- Orlando Sentinel profiles the marketing efforts of Siemens at Epcot. It's fun to draw comparison to the marketing deals that Six Flags does.
- Gonch is finally taking the family to Disney World in the fall. It's expensive as hell, but we agree you get what you pay for.
- The Country Bear Jamboree is a little dirty. Tweaks to Haunted Mansion are very cool. Jeff had a video girlfriend on Spaceship Earth.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain will open a museum, organization of which is being handled by a college kid.
- Dick Clark Productions president will answer to Shapiro at Six Flags.
- Family of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom accident victim roll with the injury and make the best of it. Horrible thing for all of them to go through.
- CoasterImage.com celebrates a birthday, Gonch is all aglow.
- The landscape for Web sites made by coaster nerds has changed so drastically. Where have they all gone?
- Disney dorks, and to a degree coaster enthusiasts, tend to be so close to things that they lose touch, if that makes sense.
- Sponge Bob ride testing at the Mall of America, and it's very quiet.
- Jeff's going to a conference in Las Vegas. Ballmer chants "developers" and here's the remix.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast