From the press release:
Biannually, since 1980, the prestigious Applause Award honors a park whose management, operations and creative accomplishments have inspired the industry with foresight, originality and sound business development.
The winner of the 2016 Applause Award is Busch Gardens Tampa, FL, USA.
"With a unique mix of world-class attractions, outstanding animal exhibits and strong seasonal events, Busch Gardens Tampa is not just one of the leading destination parks in North America, but also a favorite amongst Florida residents. Busch Gardens Tampa has through continuous re-investments, attention to guest value and a focus on employees as the primary source for long-term success, established itself as one of the beacons of the global attractions industry", says Andreas Veilstrup Andersen, President and CEO, Liseberg Group and Chairman of The Applause Award Board of Governors.
The Applause Award was presented today at the opening ceremony of IAAPA Attractions Expo 2016 in Orlando, Florida.
- 1980 Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, USA
- 1982 Opryland, USA
- 1986 Epcot Center, USA
- 1988 Knott´s Berry Farm, USA
- 1990 EuropaPark, Germany
- 1992 Efteling, the Netherlands
- 1994 Universal Studios, Florida, USA
- 1996 Cedar Point, USA
- 1998 Silver Dollar City, USA
- 2000 Hershey Park, USA
- 2002 Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, USA
- 2004 Holiday World & Splashing Safari, USA
- 2006 Universal´s Islands of Adventure, USA
- 2008 Xetulul, Guatemala
- 2010 Dollywood, USA
- 2012 Ocean Park, Hong Kong
- 2014 Puy du Fou, France
- 2016 Busch Gardens Tampa, USA