Bad wiring blamed for shocking girl at Lorain County Fair

Posted Monday, August 28, 2006 10:53 AM | Contributed by HeyIsntThatRob?

A bad wire connection on a ride likely caused the electrical shock a 12-year-old girl received at the Lorain County Fair this week, authorities said Saturday. State inspectors who spent two days disassembling the ride discovered that the wiring in a center post had its plastic covering melted away. It likely came in contact with the post and sent an electrical current through the Whirl Wind ride just as the girl grabbed a metal handrail.

Read more from The Chronicle-Telegram.

Comments: 4

Loading...