Wyandot lake to close for 2007/to get 15 million $ improement

Friday, October 13, 2006 6:10 AM
Per the Columbus Dispatch

http://www.dispatch.com/business/business.php?story=219037

+0
Friday, October 13, 2006 6:11 AM
IMPROVEMENT. sorry. Tried to go back and can't figure out how to edit the title. *** Edited 10/13/2006 10:11:58 AM UTC by Giant WheelJay***
+0
Friday, October 13, 2006 7:59 AM
Saw this on the wires when I got into work, thought I'd be first to post, good job! Well, this answers some of our questions. I'm going to try and get some more on this today, I *will* post with whatever I can find.
+0
Friday, October 13, 2006 10:04 AM
Oh, no! They are going to replace the wave pool. That is truly tragic.

The existing wave pool is one of the best all-purpose wave pools I've seen because about half of it is about 8' deep, meaning it is actually possible to *swim* in the darned thing. Unfortunately, the modern industry standards only allow wave action pools to be about waist deep... :(

I do wonder what kind of ride replacement they have in mind. The adult rides in the park (Eli "Aristocrat" Wheel, Sea Dragon coaster, RDC bumper cars; King Frolic, Eli Scrambler, Sellner Tilt-A-Whirl, and Eyerly Spider) are all (except the bumper cars) ancient, but they are all good pieces in reasonable shape. The Frolic, in particular, is a unique piece that I hope they opt to keep. The Zoo has already indicated that they are planning to keep the coaster, so I imagine they are going to have to keep a couple of other dry-park rides as well, or the coaster is going to be horribly out of place...!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

+0
Friday, October 13, 2006 1:42 PM
Good to see some of those RDC "land-based bumper boats" outside of the PNW for a change....and they ROCK! :)

Frolic? Still not sure WHAT to make of that thing.

+0
Friday, October 13, 2006 1:46 PM
My contact at the Zoo said that they will make plans avail. to the media in the coming weeks. I will keep up on this and let you all know what I found out.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC