WOF announces SOME of 2003

Thursday, September 19, 2002 11:59 AM

If you check out the NEW and IMPROVED www.worldsoffun.com you can see on the season pass page that OoF will be getting "the LARGEST family water funhouse around."

From what I have heard, this is the not the last of the expansions that WOF will be getting in 2003, no new coasters, but there will be something else.

+0
Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:22 PM

I saw the new site.

Are we getting CP's Blue Streak? It's shown on the main website.

I hope the 2003 OOF atration is for everyone becaseu I don't want to be forced to have a kid with me like Crocodie Isle or Captian Kidds. I hope its more like Coconut Cove and is open to everyone who wants to use it. This is why I wassn't to thrilled for OOF in the 90s. They were building to many kiddie only areas and no good slides.

-----------------
Chris Knight
The Mantis is real. The Mantis is out there. The Mantis is protecting my yard from West Nile Mosquitos (No Joke).

+0
Thursday, September 19, 2002 3:28 PM

I didn't know Mamba had loops!

-'Playa

-----------------
The CPlaya 100--6 days, 9 parks, 47 coasters, 2037 miles and a winner.....LoCoSuMo.

+0
Thursday, September 19, 2002 3:55 PM

CoastaPlaya said:

I didn't know Mamba had loops!

-'Playa

-----------------
The CPlaya 100--6 days, 9 parks, 47 coasters, 2037 miles and a winner.....LoCoSuMo.

That would be The Orient Express. My favorite coaster at WOF.

-----------------
Chris Knight
The Mantis is real. The Mantis is out there. The Mantis is protecting my yard from West Nile Mosquitos (No Joke).

+0
Thursday, September 19, 2002 7:34 PM

WoF will be getting "the LARGEST family water funhouse around."

Sounds like an attempt to out-do Silver Dollar City

-----------------
"The fish are eating the guest, sir

+0
Thursday, September 19, 2002 8:52 PM

Sawblade5 said:
That would be The Orient Express. My favorite coaster at WOF.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, that was something called a joke. Please stare at the WOF website banner pic for a while. You'll get it.

-'Playa

-----------------

+0
Friday, September 20, 2002 10:05 AM

Hey 'Playa don't you have anything better to do then stare at the computer screen for countless hours? he he he

You know they have a name for people who spend unGodly amounts of time at the computer. (snicker) :)

+0
Friday, September 20, 2002 5:35 PM

One day they're going to paint a steel coaster blue and you're gonna be so confused.

-'Playa

-----------------

+0
Saturday, September 21, 2002 5:08 AM

What a coaster at WOF Not be a shade of red? That will never happen!!!! Let's all count the "red" coasters now kids. 1. Orient Express (red) 2. Boomerang (orange) 3. Mamba (magenta). :)

For the "historians" WOF had another "red" coaster at one time, can you guess what it was? Hint - this coaster was later moved and renamed.

'Playa, I would like a "blue" coaster.

+0
Saturday, September 21, 2002 12:58 PM

And although Wacky Worms track is not red...the great big apple is.

Answer to your trivia...the Funicular...later to be the Silly Serpent, a childrens coaster that was in Europa as the Funicular, then in Africa as Silly Serpent. It had red & green track.

That brings us to another popular color that I am glad Cedar Fair has been ridding the park of...GREEN...and I am not talking simply the color green, but the dark faded green that WOF used to paint everything with. From Schussboomer, to Zinger, to the supports for Voyager. Plus all the curbs and landscape chains throughout the park. It was such a drab color, and although it still exists on a lot of the curbs, they have removed it in some other areas. The repainting of the Timberwolf games area (now Thunderhawk area) added a huge infusion of color that the area really needed. Hopefully they continue this throught the park.

-----------------
Waiting for the CP announcement to be made so that about 1000+ posts will be made complaining about it.

+0
Saturday, September 21, 2002 6:12 PM

Well I think the Worm's track is yellow and then green supports (or do I have that flipflopped?).

Anyways, it will be interesting to see the park next season. As most people know, this was the last season for Summer Spectacular. Ok so now we have a problem, there is a big amphitheatre that will be sitting unused. It would be a little hard to hold concert series here now since Mamba is next door and the fact that the path way to Mamba runs right behind the stage. I personally think that the "forum"'s days are numbered, but it won't be this off season that it goes.

Another thing that will be weird is the park without the Aquatic Arena "circle" that used to support the pagoda style roof. I really don't know why they didn't go ahead and take that down when they took out the seats and pool, but whatever.

Also has anyone noticed that Omegatron is STILL sitting behind the wave pool house, Octopus did this as well until it was returned to the park, I wonder.

I still say that the OoF ride is not all the expansions planned, and that the ride will come out soon.

+0
Sunday, September 22, 2002 11:35 AM

Swoosh..I believe you are correct about Worm's colors. It will be very interesting to see what they do with Heart of America Ampitheatre (formerly Forum). The slope of the hill is very dramatic and would take a considerable effort to level. Plus if they did that, they would need a huge retaining wall as you can't simply stop once you hit camp snoopy. This is not to say they will move any of the land. A coaster could be built to utilize the hill, or even a couple of flats.

One thing I hope, is that by removing the Diving Arena, (depending on what replaces it) it will open that area of the Orient more. It currenty seems congested, especially on Saturdays. Then maybe they can further the task of replacing the jennitte with concrete. I am all for upgrading the infrastructure of a park that has not had many improvments made since it opened.

-----------------
Waiting for the CP announcement to be made so that about 1000+ posts will be made complaining about it.

+0
Monday, September 23, 2002 7:37 AM

I know I've said this before but WOF has drastically improved the overall feel of the park just this year. The park was absolutely packed this weekend and after school starts it's usually a ghost town. I certainly hope that they bring back the Omegatron (rethemed of course) and add another exciting flat ride in the offseason. Does anyone know when we should expect an announcement?

Signed,

Impressed Season Pass Holder

+0
Monday, September 23, 2002 9:39 AM
Bender is doing a great job with the park, so much better than Mr "ROI" Keller did. I think that an announcement should be coming soon. I'm trying to find out when the THawk one came out. I think it was either the first or second weekend in October. At least that's when the sign went up outside the front gate.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC