What is this coaster?

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:17 PM
I was browsing manufacturer sites and I came across these pictures. Does anyone have any idea what it is named or where we can find more pictures of it? It looks really cool (I've already browsed rcdb's list of Hoei Sangyo's coasters and came up with nothing - maybe I missed something).

http://www.hoei-sangyo.co.jp/img/roller/sledge.jpg &


Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:51 PM
Well, their name for it is Sledgehammer, but I don't see a coaster with that title on rcdb, so.........

Hey, at least you know the name now. :)

Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:49 PM
Looks like the first image is of a prototype installation if you ask me.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:29 PM
I agree. I don't think anything like that exists in a park. I'd LIKE to see it, though. :)
Friday, December 30, 2005 12:40 AM
ya know...it does kinda remind me of something you might see, as a prototype for a certain 4-d ;) *** Edited 12/30/2005 6:16:24 AM UTC by BigJim4Life***
Friday, December 30, 2005 8:31 AM
I actually remember seeing this type of ride on the USPTO website ( http://www.uspto.gov ). The motion of the car is similar to that of a ferris wheel being tipped wildly. My Quicktime plugin isn't working right now, otherwise I'd give you the direct link. But if you are feeling adventureous, just do search for it, and I'm sure you find it, along with many other interesting things.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC