What is this?

Monday, August 14, 2006 8:05 PM
I was looking at a picture of the "fire in the hole" coaster at sdc, and noticed 2 springs sticking out of the track.


Does anybody have a idea as to what they are for?

Monday, August 14, 2006 8:15 PM
Dollywood has pretty much the same ride. This looks to be the section where the bridge falls (look at the walls on either side... this is here to keep the "bridge" up, I imagine).
Monday, August 14, 2006 8:23 PM
Yea, dollywoods looks almost the same. I did find a picture of the drop on dollywoods....


It is a dark picture, but you are right.....it does look like a stopper for the bridge fall scene.

Monday, August 14, 2006 8:40 PM
In the picture for Fire in the Hole that is where you see a train coming at you and your train goes down the hill at the last minute.

Monday, August 14, 2006 9:51 PM
No that is the bridge area. The springs are there to catch the "falling in bridge". If you look you can see the hydraulics that control the effect.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC