I'll have to say The Voyage, and I won't bore everyone with details since its been covered here extensively. Finally getting on Nitro really pushed my buttons too. ;) I'd love for B&M to go even higher!
I hope everyone has a great day! :)
Thanks Guys for the fun!
Have a safe, happy and fun Thanksgiving
As far as a coaster "hobbyist" goes, I'm actually thankful that even though I can't get out to a park every time I want to, I can get on Coasterbuzz and check out what's happening or I'm able to at least get a glimpse of a park via webcam.
In reality, those things are actually small in comparison to other things in my life as coasters are not the one thing that I dwell on 100% of my time. (hence the reason I label myself as a "hobbyist" and not an enthusiast. It's a hobby, not my lifestyle) I always take time to reflect during this holiday on loved ones that are no longer with us and the fond memories that we shared. I think that the memories of the times we had together are what I am most thankful for all in all.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day. Try not to eat too much Turducken! :)
Oh yeah, family, friends, health, etc.
Haha no I'm not giving Patrick the finger
Thanks guys (and gals!)
As far as coasters go, I'm very happy that we seem to be on the verge of another Golden Age for the wood coaster (going by what's been announced and what hasn't been announced). While I love everything about amusement parks- including steel coasters- wood coasters are my true passion and it's great to see that parks are realizing how important they are. It's true that enthusiasts have endured many losses in the past few years but at least this is one of those times when there will be something to balance things out.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
In terms of rides, I am thankful for:
1) That my son likes them (though not as much as I do)
2) I practically had Hurricane Harbor (NJ) to myself for a couple of hours early in the season.
3) That I won free WPLJ Rye Playland free tickets
4) That someone pulled out of a parking space at Dorney at a primo location as I was looking for one.
5) That I got my yearly potato wedge credit at K'noebels
6) That my son and I had the chance to swim with a dolphin
7) That I made it to three parks for the first time this year: Discovery Cove, Dorney & Islands of Adventure
Top Experiences that I am NOT thankful for:
1) Busting up my leg in Great Adventure (My fault - not their's)
2) Great Adventure's Capacity and Employee Issues (Their fault not mine)
3) Rolling Thunder
4) El Toro (I Gotta lose some weight)
5) Dorney's Waterpark & Restaurants (Packed)
6) THe fact that I've never been able to get to an "event" to meet many of you and to share in the expereinces that you've posted about first hand.
7) The effects of Florida heat on spousal non-enthusiats.
Happy holidays everyone!
Here's To Shorter Lines & Longer Trip Reports!
Coaster wise, I'm thankful that I got to ride Titan this year even though early in the season I was asked to get off the ride due to my size, and also for the 9, about to be 10, times that I got to go to SFoT this year.
I'm thankful we have this site and a couple others like it where we can share our thoughts.
Thank you Jeff.
Great Lakes Brewery Patron...
I am also thankful I got to go on a few trips this year, mainly HW Nights and PPP!
I am also thankful that I don't have to go out today. Black Friday is INSANE!
*** Edited 11/24/2006 2:41:32 PM UTC by coasterqueenTRN***
Since this is a COASTER forum ill say the things im thankful for that are realated to what this website is based on and there would only be one thing:
Im thankful for all the parks that managed to survive another years worth of operation and will be opening up again next year.
Im not thankful for the parks that did close and will eb gone forever (However in some cases, it was for the better or was not the parks fault i.e natural disasture).
Seriously, I'm thankful for all of the great friends I've made over the years and for having a means to keep in touch with them in a forum such as we have here. And I'm thankful for the strong men and women fighting for our freedom abroad. And I'm especially thankful my brother (one of those strong people) returned home safely.
Long live the Big Bad Wolf
Too bad it's the offseason. >:(
As far as coasters go I am thankful that I have a mom who has been willing to spend the time and money to take me to a new park every summer for the past 6 years. I am excited for next summer...we will finally be heading to Holiday World.
I'm also thankful for friends, family and all that other boring stuff.
You must be logged in to post