Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:51 PM
Anyone familiar with this publication? It seems that it'sa quarterly publication. The wife brought home a copy of their first annual 'it' issue. It's pretty much a whole magazine dedicated to listing the 'best of' various things (attractions, products, etc)
The main story is a top 10 ranking of Waterpark Resorts based on attendance and revenue. The list goes like this:
1. Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort - Wisconsin Dells, WI
2. Nickelodeon Family Suites - Orlando, FL
3. Kalahari Resort - Wisconsin Dells, WI
4. Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos Mountains, PA
5. Kingston Plantation Resort - Myrtle Beach, SC
6. Kalahari Resort - Sandusky, OH
7. Great Wolf Lodge - Wisconsin Dells, WI
8. Great Wolf Lodge - Williamsburg, VA
9. Splash Lagoon - Erie, PA
10. Great Wolf Lodge - Sandusky, OH
I figured I pass it along. The magazine's website is HERE. Also thought it was interesting that they seem to cover waterpark resorts, rather than traditional waterparks.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:03 PM
Hmm. Wyndham has some timeshare units in the Wilderness complex, complete with discounted park access. Maybe I'll try that next summer.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:22 PM
Wow, Great Wolf takes 4 out of the top 10.
My favorite MJ tune: "Billie Jean" which I have been listening to alot now. RIP MJ.
Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:26 AM
It doesn't suprise me that Castaway Bay isn't in that list. For $10 I could have went there, but that place doesn't have any tube slides except for the water coaster which is probably small compared to an outdoor one. The wavepool is only 2 feet or something, and they don't have a Lazy River. They need better stuff in that place to attract more people.