Water Coaster question

Friday, June 29, 2001 4:00 PM
As far as I'm concerned, there are two different types of water coasters: a Buzzsaw Falls type and Master Blaster at Schlitterbahn. Which one in your opinion is a true WATER COASTER!?


Another Coasterbuzzer
Friday, June 29, 2001 4:26 PM
Theres also journey to atlantis at sea world orlando. But I think the master blaster is a true water coaster. *** This post was edited by riddler#3 on 6/29/2001. ***
Friday, June 29, 2001 4:28 PM
I always thought the Schlitterbahn version was the water coaster, and the Buzzsaw Falls was a liquid coaster.
Friday, June 29, 2001 6:10 PM
I believe that Krazy is right, Buzzsaw Falls is called a liquid coaster and so is Journey to Atlantis. They are made by different companies and JTA is more flume than coaster while I think BF is more coaster than Flume. There is also another type of coaster that some consider a liquid coaster. I don't remember the name or which park it's at, although I am definate that it is at a Paramount Park. It's built by Setpoint and seems rather tame but you definately get wet, mostly from fountains and squirt guns, etc... Lastly, Schlitterbahn is a water park right? Isn't the master blaster just a raft ride with jets in areas to shoot you up hills? Just curious to know if this can actually be considered a "coaster".
Friday, June 29, 2001 8:10 PM
No, Buzzsaw Falls and Vonkaputous are True Water Coasters. Schlitterbahn's Master Blaster is a Powered Water Slide. Of course, this topic is open to interpretation, so anything goes, right?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC