Waldameer's Special 2005 Final Weekend

Sunday, September 4, 2005 1:05 AM
If you visit their website at http://www.waldameer.com and click the special coupon page, and get 2 combo (waterpark & amusement park) passes for $19.45 (Buy 1 at $18.45, 2nd for $1.00)! (Free admission...only pay if you ride and/or slide)
Plus, on Sunday, Sept.4th, they'll have fireworks that evening :)
It is a wonderful traditional amusement park (and waterpark), with 3 coasters (classic 'Comet' wooden coaster, Ravine Flyer 3 family/children steel coaster over a small water ravine, and Steel Dragon - family wild mouse that rotates 360 degrees as you go along the track!) and a load of great flats and dark rides for all ages, as well as an ongoing karoake contest and 3 nice children-oriented live shows. You also get a great view of Lake Erie from the ferris wheel and the 'ski-lift'. The food is great and very inexpensive, and the games are also inexpensive.
I plan on making a day of it, and possibly checking out the Presque Isle beach area next door :)

I only wish Waldameer stayed open on weekends in the fall :(

*** Edited 9/4/2005 5:16:23 AM UTC by midwave***

+0
Sunday, September 4, 2005 1:44 PM
midwave said: "I only wish Waldameer stayed open on weekends in the fall"

Steel Dragon may just change that...;)
What a fantastic addition to their park. I think that place has big plans for the future in 2006 and beyond... :)

...and once again, the waterpark steps forward for the smaller park...

+0
Sunday, September 4, 2005 2:18 PM
Aw damn, I was hoping Waldameer would be open on September 11 for a quick stop on our way home from Cedar Point. Oh well, maybe next year! I loved Steel Dragon, by the way, a GREAT addition to any small park.
+0
Sunday, September 4, 2005 2:20 PM
IMO I think a haunted park, ala every major park, would make really good money on weekends through Halloween, but again, just my opinion.
+0
Sunday, September 4, 2005 2:35 PM
^Agreed. I don't see WHY a park like that would close up so early. They could really "haunt out" the Wacky Shack and Pirates Cove.

-Tina

+0
Monday, September 5, 2005 10:33 AM
If everyone who wishes Waldameer would stay open for weekends in the fall, they should email or write them. I mentioned both Fall weekends and a Halloween fest :)

I did already, through email, and they passed it onto management, but it will take more than 1 person to get them to trully consider the idea!

+0
Monday, September 5, 2005 12:21 PM

grind your soul said:
I was hoping Waldameer would be open on September 11 for a quick stop on our way home from Cedar Point.

I was thinking the same thing! Only I will be on my way home from SFDL! ;) *** Edited 9/5/2005 4:22:56 PM UTC by jkpark***

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC