Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:15 PM
Cool that you have the option. Not cool that the line crawls. I enjoyed Kraken back in 2007(?). I was looking forward to it again this coming January.
But then again, what do I know?
Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:33 AM
I think that for it to be a positive addition, the following would have to take place:
- The ride would have to be new, and it would have to be designed with the VR device and program in mind.
- The VR cannot be optional. It should be mandated to ride. I don't want people having experiences other than the one intended, they're wards of the ride, the designer should control their experience. Plus, the decision slows things down.
- They should find a way to fasten the device before they get on the ride. And maybe they can walk around the queue area with it on as well.
- The device should be designed so that it cannot be taken off until the ride is over.
- The ride should have immersive theming in the line, pre-ride, and loading area. Whatever happens around the ride when the ride is in motion doesn't matter.
- Change the program up periodically, or have a few that are set that can be randomized. Or perhaps its a second person story where the rider can make decisions to customize it in-ride.
- The ride itself should be relatively mild so that it doesn't mess with the inner ear too much.
To me it sounds like a concept that's probably better suited for Disney or Universal, and not a chain like SF or CF. You would need the money for it, and patience to do it right.