What ever happened to the USA 50 states theme park(the one that was going to pay tribute to every state), the last I heard was that it was going up somewhere in Louisianna. This was about 4 years ago...
I was very excited about this and so was many others, but now I can't find any info.
The park you are refering to was to be called Wild Country U.S.A. They orginally planned to build the park on a 1000 acre farm in Desoto County Mississippi ( 10 miles south of Memphis ) This massive project ended up being scrapped due to conflicts with the local transportation system. It turned out that a major road cut through the middle of this land. I myself live in Memphis, and I remember this being the talk of the town and even the country back in 2001. It was set to open in 2004 but the project never started.
Here's some info I was able to pull up.
The resort was to be divided into the 50 states. The different states whould contain Wild Country U.S.A. ( an American themed park), entertainment venues, shopping and retail, and water parks.
The park planned to open with EIGHT rollercoasters.
1. An underground gold-rushed themed mine train 2. An Air Force themed flying coaster 3. A liquid coaster ride themed to the Grand Canyon 4. Some sort of Giovanola Hypercoaster 5. 350 foot tall Intamin Giga 6. Launched Arrow 4-d themed to a volcano ( hawaii) 7. Launched dueling B&M inverts 8. A terrain woodie
The park was going to be the park to end all parks. It would have been bigger and better than disney and universal.
Most of the official documentations and websites are long gone because the park was announced back in '01, but I'll try and find more info
1. An underground gold-rushed themed mine train - Who actually makes mine trains anymore? And why would you go through the expense of digging an entire coaster underground only to put a mine train in it?
2. An Air Force themed flying coaster - Interactive Rides website anyone?
3. A liquid coaster ride themed to the Grand Canyon - Eh, this one's plausible
4. Some sort of Giovanola Hypercoaster - None built since Titan/Goliath, but then again, there weren't any Dives for 6 years ...
5. 350 foot tall Intamin Giga - Why have this and the above built at the same time? They'd cancel each other out. Gios are more about the twists and such, but still, almost same experience.
6. Launched Arrow 4-d themed to a volcano ( hawaii) - So when this was devised, not only were 4-d's unproven and didn't work, but they'd add launch to the mix? Wasn't Volcano:TBC having mega problems at this time too?
7. Launched dueling B&M inverts - B&M doesn't DO launch unless the park designs it themselves, and somehow I doubt with the investments described above there'd be time or money to design their own post-construction added launch system.
8. A terrain woodie - Again, plausible.
My conclusion? Either a hoax, or a bunch of dreamers (like the people convinced they are building a park just outside the Pittsburgh Airport). That's just the coaster list though, I'm not going to doubt the existance of a proposed park, but the coaster list is ridiculous.
Brett, Resident Launch Whore
Anti-Enthusiast (the undiplomatic one)
I was thinking the same thing about the two hyper coasters. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think CP is the only park to have 2 full circuit non-launched hypers, and they were built about 15 years apart from one another.
The person who thought this up was either 11 or incredibly stupid.
I,personally, didn't make anything up. And I apolozize for the confusion.The park location and other info is accurate. To me, the site seemed reliable. But the info came from the message board. So, I don't know.
There problem is that they got the info of of Screamscape. Probably just someone's wishlist that they sent in to screamscape and got to see in on a website.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.