Suitor for Six Flags New Orleans walks away from deal

Posted Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:54 AM | Contributed by Jeff

The Bay St. Louis, Miss., company that was in talks to convert Six Flags New Orleans into a larger amusement and water park is no longer interested in the project, representatives on both sides confirmed this week. Earlier this year, Southern Star Amusement submitted a $70 million plan to the city and Six Flags that called for adding a water park and doubling the number of rides. Six Flags says they could not agree on price and terms.

Read more from The Times-Picayune.

Related parks

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:12 PM
Olsor's avatar

I'm shocked. Shocked.

+0
Thursday, October 2, 2008 5:22 PM

Why does this not surprise me? With economy circleing the drain, and NO being in the path of TWO huricanes in three years. No wonder thet walked away.


Coaster Junkie from NH
I drive in & out of Boston, so I ride coasters to relax!

+0
Friday, October 3, 2008 10:41 AM

My guess is that on further analysis of the condition of the park, it was in worse shape than they thought. As unfortunate as it is, I suspect NO may go quite some time without an amusement park..

+0
Friday, October 3, 2008 5:50 PM

Or SF and the city finally figured out that they were being duped by some wide-eyed enthusiasts who were looking to bring some RCT scenarios to real life. They went so far as to put a forum and their website and have a 14 year old with no connection to the company as a moderator. That told me all I needed to know about their chances of pulling this off.


+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...