Six Flags video game for Nintendo DS ships today

Posted Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:07 AM | Contributed by Jeff

Brash Entertainment, in partnership with Six Flags Inc., announced today that Six Flags: Fun Park for the Nintendo DS shipped today in North America to retail stores nationwide, allowing Six Flags thrill seekers the opportunity to experience a year round, take anywhere amusement park adventure. The game will be released for the Nintendo Wii system later this year, in time for the holiday gift-giving season. The game includes 40 mini-games themed to typical amusement park areas.

Read the entire press release on IGN.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:18 PM
coasterqueenTRN's avatar

Cute!

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:12 PM

I wish people would learn the difference between "complement" and "compliment."Also, is it rated E or E10? /that was worth my first post in two years


[url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/denl42"]My blog[/url] You said, "I'm gonna run you down." I heard, "I'm an orangutan."
+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:29 PM
Kick The Sky's avatar

New! The Six Flags video game for your Nintendo DS! With all new features never seen before in a video game!

  • Wait in a long line to pay fifteen dollars to park your car!
  • Get patted down by security clowns while you try to sneak in that shank with your gang banger friends!
  • Avoid line jumpers as you wait in two and three hour lines for your favorite rides!
  • Buy a Q-Bot and become the line-jumper!
  • Get bent over the snack counter as they really take it too you to buy food and drink!
  • BONUS FEATURE: Become a Six Flags employee and see how slowly you can dispatch trains before the crowds riot!
All this for the low, low price of 999.99. Buy a season pass so you can play it all year long for 1999.99! Play three days and you've already paid for your season pass!


Certain victory.

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:34 PM
Lord Gonchar's avatar

Your version sounds a lot more fun than the real game, KTS. :)


+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:00 PM

Looks like a play off of Carnival games except it comes with the hefty price of theming.


-Thrillseeker
Seeking thrills since 1997.

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:32 PM

Looks like crappy flash-style games with generic backgrounds of amusement park scenes. Carnival Games is much truer to its title.

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:11 PM

Waiting for the Wii version...although I'll have to get a DS eventually-Chrono Trigger comes out for it in December.

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:31 PM

Weeee, I just got a Wii and I will definitely get this game. I'm tired of the slow performing RCT3

+0
Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:43 PM

Hopefully it is better than Carnival Games DS. I'll pick it up for the Wii when it drops to under $10.

Carnival Games on Wii was fun but got kind of boring quickly. Other than that I have yet to see a recent console game involving amusement parks that is fun. Wonderworld Amusement park is supposed to be horrible. Thrillville is way too limited and simple. The last great console game I can think of is Coaster Works for Dreamcast but even that had its limitations.

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 12:29 AM
Jeff's avatar

delan said:
Weeee, I just got a Wii and I will definitely get this game. I'm tired of the slow performing RCT3

...A game that has nothing in common with this one.


Jeff - Webmaster/Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Twitter - Video

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 9:21 AM

YoshiFan said:
Wonderworld Amusement park is supposed to be horrible.

Bought it, but never played it. I ended up giving it to a friend.

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 11:02 AM
The Mole's avatar

Jeff said:

delan said:
Weeee, I just got a Wii and I will definitely get this game. I'm tired of the slow performing RCT3

...A game that has nothing in common with this one.

Exactly, this is like mini games themed to Six Flags, not a full theme park simulator.

Do people actually read?

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 1:04 PM

Kick The Sky said:
New! The Six Flags video game for your Nintendo DS! With all new features never seen before in a video game!

  • Wait in a long line to pay fifteen dollars to park your car!
  • Get patted down by security clowns while you try to sneak in that shank with your gang banger friends!
  • Avoid line jumpers as you wait in two and three hour lines for your favorite rides!
  • Buy a Q-Bot and become the line-jumper!
  • Get bent over the snack counter as they really take it too you to buy food and drink!
  • BONUS FEATURE: Become a Six Flags employee and see how slowly you can dispatch trains before the crowds riot!
All this for the low, low price of 999.99. Buy a season pass so you can play it all year long for 1999.99! Play three days and you've already paid for your season pass!

I hope you get to watch their parking toll booth get robbed. ;)

BTW, nice sig.


My author website: mgrantroberts.com

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 2:41 PM
Kick The Sky's avatar

Ensign Smith said:


I hope you get to watch their parking toll booth get robbed. ;)

BTW, nice sig.

I'll say it again. If you're gonna rob something that has a lot of money, a Six Flags tollbooth is an excellent target.

And thanks, your sig rocks, too.


Certain victory.

+0
Friday, October 31, 2008 5:16 PM

At least a couple of us can truly appreciate the Evil League of Evil.


My author website: mgrantroberts.com

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...