Six Flags Great America May 12

Associated parks:

Saturday, May 12, 2001 9:48 PM
Hey guys,
It's me Jed. I don't know if you remember the post I made about Raging Bull? Well anyway we got there at about 10:30am and waited in line for my friends tickets(about 5 minutes).

Then we headed to Raging Bull and they were only using the red and yellow trains. But halfway through the line I noticed we stopped moving! I noticed they were transfering the teal train on to the track. We waited about an hour. Right before we got in the teal train, I almost Chickend out. I sat in the 5th row. The first drop is really long and intense! The rest of the ride was soooo fun.
Next we went on Richochet. I got dizzy on it.
We went to get our season pass processed and waited about 10min.
We headed over to Condor next. I got even more dizzy.
After that we went on Power Dive. Man, those restraints hurt. I got dizzy on that ride too.
After being really sick, we took it slow and went on the bumper cars.
At about 1:30 we wanted to see if Whizzer was open because it wasn't open earlier that day. It was not open yet.
We decided to go on Sky Trek Tower. Nothing really to say about that ride.
After lunch we went on Roaring Rapids. They actually turned on the 1st waterfall(in the middle of the ride) and I got soaked. We headed over to Loggers Run. I got soaked. After we exited, guess what I saw? V2 was being tested. Upclose to the spike. V2 is really tall upclose.

We went to Batman but the line was too long and our time was running out, so we skipped it.

We then went on Iron Wolf. We waited about and hour. This ride is so cool. It is so fun. It did not hurt me or my friends. We all kept our heads forward. Of course there was one problem after the ride. My friend's ear was BLEEDING. It was because she didn't take out her earing.

Next we went on American Eagle. Red train. We waited about an hour and 15 minutes. I was really hoping they would race it. From the line, I saw a blue train going by itself. But the next trains, Blue and Red were going up at the same time. I was so excited. By the time I got to get in, I was lucky enough to race the blue. The blue was beating us up the hill. But at the top of the lift hill we got a big boost of energy(it seemed like) and passed them. When we were at the bottom of the helix, they just reached the top of the helix. We obviously beat them.

Next we rode River Rocker and Trail Blaizer.

We then went over to Viper. It was about 7:00 pm.
About 5 minutes in the line, we see a train get stuck on the lift hill. We waited about 10 minutes after they said it was temperarily closed. We say Whizzer going so we went to ride it. We did. That ride should not be missed.

We ate funnel cake sundaes after Whizzer. Then to close off the night we went on the bumper cars one last time. That was my day.

I forgot to say that Deja Vu was finished. Not the line but the ride was completed. V2's entrance was really cool. They were painting the lines and station orange. It really smelled weird.
I notice on the SFGAm map that it was wrong. The map had Deja Vu's vertical Towers facing american eagle when really the towers are facing Shockwave. Oh well, what can I can I do.
Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:25 PM
Is my trip report too long?

Iron Wolf can't be beat! Deja Vu and V2 all the Way!What else is there to Say.
Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:48 PM
No. Why do you ask?

Monday, May 14, 2001 4:53 PM
I'm asking because no one even responded to my trip report. I thought it may be too long.

Iron Wolf can't be beat! Deja Vu and V2 all the Way!What else is there to Say.
Saturday, May 19, 2001 4:11 PM
Jed....Raging Bull did rule. Well the first drop...after that it was just alright. But you know i think that. Sorry I am bored and thought I'd come check this place out since you bring it up like everyday. I cant wait till Monday...did Dan tell u he invited me and my mom said its all good.

See ya Monday

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC