Six Flags Great America Fright Fest - 11/1

Associated parks:

Sunday, November 2, 2003 1:29 PM
I went to Fright Fest yesterday expecting huge crowds and long waits for rides. However, once we arrived at the park, I figured I must have guessed wrong.

When we arrived at the park at around 9:45, the parking lot didn’t seem too full, and when we got in line for Superman, we weren’t that far from the entrance (we were a little bit farther back than the arcade.) At 10:00, we all made our way into the line, and we ended up not too far back from the stairs. After about 20 minutes, we were in the last row. When we left the ride, I noticed that the midway didn’t seem packed at all.

We made our way over to the Raging Bull to find a line that was just a little past the bottom of the stairs leading up to the station. The line only took us about 5-10 minutes. They were only running two trains at this point.

While at the top of the hill on Raging Bull, we noticed that Déjà vu was running with people on it. Since I had never been to the park before when the ride was actually operating, you couldn’t imagine my excitement. As soon as we left the Bull, we ran over to déjà vu. None of the turnstiles were open, The line took us about 20 minutes, but when we finally got up to the front of the line for our row, an announcement came over the speaker saying they were temporarily shutting down the ride. I was so disappointed. However, we decided to wait it out. After about 10-15 minutes the ride was back up and running. We rode in row 2A, and the first drop was incredible. Definitely worth the 35-minute wait.

Neither my friend nor I had ever ridden American Eagle Red, so we made our way over there and were able to walk on the ride. Not as good as the Blue ride, however still a nice coaster.

I can’t remember the exact order of the other rides we went on, but they were:

Helevator (3 times, 10 minute max wait)
Demon (walked on)
Whizzer (2 times, 10 minutes/walk-on)
Iron Wolf (15 minutes)
Superstition (no wait)
Batman (35 minutes)
Viper (15 minutes)
Raging Bull (3 times total, 25 minutes top wait)
Terror Twister (teacups) (10 minutes)

Overall, it was a very successful day. The rain towards the end cut down the waiting times on some of the rides. I was surprised that the only coaster which I saw not operating through the entire time it was raining was Déjà vu, however it was operating while raining right before we left. The decorations this year were great.

Monday, November 3, 2003 2:34 PM
BullGuy's avatar Was V2 operating? I went on Friday and on Sunday and it was closed both times. Anyone know what was wrong with it?

Never Has Gravity Been So Uplifting.

Monday, November 3, 2003 2:50 PM
No, V2 wasn't operating on Saturday either.

This may be really far off, but I remember the first year V2 opened, it wasn't operating the day that I attended Fright Fest...maybe something to do with the cold weather?

Monday, November 3, 2003 6:38 PM
v2 was running for a few hours sunday the late avternoon i did get to ride it that day and sat.we rode supperman 4 times 3 times in a row sun raging bull 9 times. and v2 wasnt working i heard it was having problems and i was wondering if anyone knows about it?
Monday, November 3, 2003 6:47 PM
V2 did *not* open at all during Fright Fest. You're obviously confused.


Monday, November 3, 2003 8:16 PM
Actually, it ran the first weekend of Fright Fest. Since then, its been closed.

Arena football has arrived in the Windy City. Go "Chicago Rush"

Monday, November 3, 2003 9:12 PM
Sorry, that's what I meant. Since it went down about a month ago, it's been down. There's obviously a larger problem at work.



You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC