Six Flags CEO compensation triples in 2012

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:53 PM | Contributed by VitaminsAndGravy

Six Flags Entertainment CEO James Reid-Anderson received compensation valued at about $9.3 million last year, up 230% from the $2.8 million he received in 2011, according to a proxy filing made with securities regulators Tuesday. Reid-Anderson also cashed out previously awarded stock options and restricted shares that vested in 2012, gaining nearly $71 million.

Read more from USA Today.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:53 PM

Income gap! Occupy Wall Street! Whine a lot and make signs!

+3Loading
Friday, March 29, 2013 1:07 AM

He doesn't need all that money!

+3Loading
Friday, March 29, 2013 1:57 AM

Perhaps he should share some of it with SFA!

+0
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:54 PM

Lord Gonchar said:

Income gap! Occupy Wall Street! Whine a lot and make signs!

I know! (Although, according to statistics, all you need to make is over $340k to be a one percenter). Still, it's a lot!

+0
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:05 AM

I think it depends on if you're looking at single income or family income. $100k a year is apparently a lot if you're making it alone, but not a big deal if that's the total between you and your spouse.

+1Loading
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:52 AM

Also, a couple million isn't "off base" for a guy who's increasing revenues, attendance, and profitability. Contrast that with, let's say, the good people at Hostess, where the management team was responsible for overseeing the demise of a company. Maybe huge raises and bonuses presumably "to keep the best and the brightest" isn't really applicable when all the metrics show a dramatic decline?

"Fairness" isn't about everyone making the same amount of money - it's about making what you earn. I tend to think more people have a problem with the CEO of a sinking ship taking the golden parachute into his life raft while the liner goes to the bottom of the sea. but I like mixing metaphors, so....

As always, all opinions are the property of my twisted mind, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Coasterbuzz, Inc....or something.

+1Loading
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:57 AM

They must be selling lots of Flashpasses to compensate...

+0
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:33 PM

People, let's not lose focus on the real social ill. Surely, it is the wheelchair-bound plaintiff who recovered less than 1/1000th of this amount in a lawsuit against Disney.

+3Loading
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:49 PM

Sit in a boat and collect $8,000 or sucessfully run one of the largest amusement park companies in the world and get $9.3 million.

In comparison, the boat guy was still overpaid.

+6Loading
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:02 PM

Lord Gonchar said:

Sit in a boat and collect $8,000 or sucessfully run one of the largest amusement park companies in the world and get $9.3 million.

In comparison, the boat guy was still overpaid.

Nonetheless, both of them can afford iPads. I can't over it. RICH PEOPLE!

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC