In the vain of "Signs you may be a coaster junkie," I, Hopman, bring you "Signs you're ready for the season to start."
1. You've actually SERIOUSLY considared moving to Sandusky and buying a home w/ a view of CP.
2. Your santa was dressed a CP ride op's uniform.
3. You bought a new air freshener for the car that smells like coaster grease mixed with sweaty coaster rider.
4. Your bags for your trip to opening day are already packed, and it's only January 26th.
5. You've passed the time by building replicas of coasters out of cat fur, dog hair, ear wax, tooth picks, and chewing gum.
6. Your bathroom got remodeled to look like the ones at CP.
7. Your kids & spouse want to stangle you if they hear "Is it opening day?" any more.
8. Every Friday around quitting time you say to your wife, "almost time for Kennywood"
487. You never find threads like this remotely entertaining.
748. Screw the off season and move to Southern CA or Florida!
I'm in Los Angeles...my season never ends.
^ If you'd actually go to any parks in So-Cal! ;)
LOL...true. I haven't been to Knotts since Pony Express opened; SFMM?...once since 2001, for a spin on Tatsu. A few years for Disney too.
I'll be back at the Mountain sometime this year, hopefully in the spring. kRaX and I have a date lol ;)
Heading to IOA in a few minutes. I heart Floridie!
I'm already spazzing out about our memorial day trip to KI, SFKK, and Holiday World (for Holiwood Nights, Friday only). In fact, I already have my attack plan for KI mapped out in my mind. If only the park were on google streetview.
Oh....but does your mental map of KI have SOB on it....or has your mind already airbrushed it out in anticipation of a big announcement...
Thankfully it doesn't. If for no other reason than I don't think SoB will generate the same kind of lines as Firehawk or Face/off which were my two choices for "right out of the gate." I'm probably going to go with Firehawk since it's in the back of the park.
If you really want to get on Firehawk at some point in your visit starting there is the best idea. The line (due to the ridiculously long loading times) moves very, very slow.
Then you can hit up Flight of Fear and the Racers on your way to SoB's still rockin' father. :)
IMO, Face-Off is underrated. I know it's just a simple Boomerang, but it's very smooth, and I find myself laughing all the way through the ride cycle.
Well just remember if you are carrying a Platinum Pass, your first ride is either going to be Diamondback or the Beast seeing as they open 1/2 hour before opening (1 hour on Saturday) to PPassers.
Edit-Its Saturday not Sunday.Last edited by Touchdown, Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:11 PM
An ACE card will get you the same benefit. When I was there pre-HoliWood Nights I walked in with three friends who had a Platinum Pass. I did not, nor an ACE card. They just waived me in anyway (I guess I looked the part, lol).
I don't have a platinum pass. :( Anyone going on the Tues. after memorial day want to walk me back?
Face/off was my other choice for "right out of the gate" because of the low capacity. However, it's also right up front so I assume it suffers from Raptor dynamics (jammed in the morning, slow in the afternoon, dead by evening).
You must be logged in to post