shockwave help please

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:16 PM
helo fellow buzzers I was wondering what is in the left of this pic

any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:39 PM
Its the transfer track right before the station.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:37 PM
I know that what is the thing on the transfer track

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:43 PM
A cart an engineer can sit on when inspecting track? It's a guess.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:00 PM
Honestly I've been trained at Shockwave for the last two years and I don't even know what it is.

Whatever it is for I've never seen them use it, heh.

I think its only purpose (now at least) is to keep the train from going too far back on the transfer track and hitting the stoppers on the track and risking damage to the running wheels.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:11 PM
My guess: it's a support to hold a come-along used to lift heavy things like that gearmotor assembly for the advancing wheel. Then it could be rolled into the station, where it would be easy to handle.


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC