SFWoA's New 2002 coasters....

Friday, June 1, 2001 11:28 AM
I Swear I heard this same rumor sooo many times. And now it just might be a reality........ From thrillride...

First of all, I would like to say That X-Flight is the best coaster in Ohio. Period. Now to the rumor... I know that this may seem extremely farfetched but hey, believe what you want to believe. While waiting in line for Batman Knight Flight, I began to overhear a conversation between to people who I'm guessing used to work at SFWOA. The conversation went something like this...

Man 1: Next year will really be the year that we blow Cedar Point away.
Man 2: A Prototype Vekoma coaster, A Hyper BM on the Wildlife side, and regaining of tons of our sealife animals should pretty much do it.
Man 1: Yah but what about CP's new coasters?
Man 2: Trust me on this one, after CP builds those three coasters they will have absolutely no room left. Unless they totally rework the parking lot and all that stuff.

Sounds pretty laughable, but hey who knows with SFWOA...

And the owner of thrillride put this..... ---> This is true. ;)

Is it me or is every rumor for SixFlags: WoA have a Giga/hyper in there? Im going to believe this, but i dunno. Im so confused. But what Vekoma Prototype?X-Flight. Or they talking about next year? You mean a Vekoma Tilt Coaster?
Oh no! hehe, What do you think?
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 11:51 AM
That not as bad as Thrillride saying that Cedar Point will get a coaster wit ha 650 foot drop! I hope it happens, but I mean, come on!

-------------
The Pens will win the Stanley Cup in 2002!
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 12:01 PM
I hope it's a 280 ft B&M speed coaster. However my predections are)
1.Deja Vu Clone (parking lot)
2.junior/giga
3.X clone or a TA2k

-------------
HurricaneGeauga- Just in case
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 12:03 PM
AFTER Cedar Point builds those THREE COASTERS? We shall see on THAT one...

Cedar Point will have absoluetly no room left? WHAT? When did this happen...

BLOW Cedar Point away...What..did Six Flags FINALLY understand the concept of customer service???!!!

Mikey...
Believe what you want folks...just consider the sources from which you hear things...

*** This post was edited by olympic10086 on 6/1/2001. ***
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 12:30 PM
oh yeah i also see a new shamu stadium with a new shamu! It won't be that hard to BLOW CP away. IMO they're only losing in the height department. IMO X-FLight is better (and scarier) than Raptor, also much smoother. If they put in a tall ride that actually has airtime instead of 3 unessicary overbanked turns they'll blow them out to canada (which isn't that hard from CP). I'm talking about coaster and thrillwise which the GP cares about.

-------------
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 12:30 PM
I read that Magnum was sinking sooooo many times.
It's still a bunch of crap.

As for SFWOA - I'll believe it when I see a press release, and not on Thrillride.
-------------
- Peabody
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 1:09 PM
I honestly believe that you World of Adventureres will have to STAND UP and be proud next year, but if you think for a second they are just going to bolt out in front of Cedar Point in the COASTER competition your wrong. Cedar Point has them by a mile sure X-Flight is a great ride but don't compare them to Cedar Point not yet anyway.

+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 1:38 PM
I rode a UNicycle, just to say that it is TRUE. Why would they get a stand-up, they're obsolete. It's like comparing WIndows ME and MS-DOS.

-------------
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 1:42 PM

SuperMan :UE said:
"Trust me on this one, after CP builds those three coasters they will have absolutely no room left."

Rule #1 in life, never trust anyone who says trust me.
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 2:30 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself florida coaster rider :) .
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 2:52 PM
I don't think SFWoA will be adding 2 coasters next year.

-------------

Let the bears pay the Bear Tax, I pay the Homer Tax.
+0
Friday, June 1, 2001 3:10 PM

SuperMan :UE said:
"I Swear I heard this same rumor sooo many times. And now it just might be a reality........ From thrillride..."

As far as I'm concerned, that's enough information to dismiss the whole thing almost completely.

Send this rumor from whence it came!

-------------
Matt Lynch
Co-Webmaster, Kennywood Boulevard
http://kennywood.coasterbuzz.com
+0

Closed topic.

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC