SFWOA Not Getting The 2002 Coaster

Saturday, September 8, 2001 6:19 AM
In a recent article in The Plain Dealer, Six Flags said that they would not build the 200 ft. tall coaster next year.  Instead, they are going to build a tiger show and new bird arena.  They said that they would propose this on September 20.
-----------------
top 5 coasters:
1)The Hulk
2)Dueling Dragons (Fire)
3)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
4)X-Flight
5)Goliath
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 6:26 AM
oops, they said that a coaster for 2002 is highly unlikley, but didnt say they wernt getting it 

*** This post was edited by X SFWoA 115 on 9/8/2001. ***

+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 8:46 AM
It actually said that a new 4th world would be coming along with an animal cruise. It would be placed behinf RWB. It would all be themed to a lost temple.
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 10:32 AM
Damm !   I was really hoping for some large hyper to finish off their coaster collection .  Sfwoa can take a break after the hyper . Yeah I know the are ALOT of issues about the park that needs addressing .  But  I would like to see it tho...But as the article says it was unlikely... not a firm NO.  so there is still may be a chance. 

-----------------
Roller coaster of Love ~ ooi ~ ooi ~ ooi

+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 10:43 AM
URL PLEASE!
-----------------
I Will Destroy Vekoma For All Of Their Evil Hypercloning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick] Webmaster]- www.amusementmania.com -

+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 10:45 AM
I very happy to here the news of no new coaster for 2002, Its about time Six Flags starts working on other park improvments,the added wild life and river attraction sound like good holsome family fun!( Did I just say that?).You can only jam so many coasters in a park ,there is more to a GREAT park than just great coasters!----------------------Big new coaster for 2003 for SFWoA-----------------
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 11:03 AM
If they don't get one next year, which I will be very suprised, the hyper/giga will be coming next year. Most likely where they wanted it and using the terrain they wanted it to use.
-----------------
"Villain-Once You Drop, The Fun Don't Stop!"~SFWoA Rules In 2001~X Marks The Spot In 2001(SFWoA)~With SFWoA ANYTHING Is Possible!
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 12:21 PM
Well, I for one, am glad to see this. Now, granted everyone loves a new coaster, but look what WoA has gotten in the past 4 or 5 years. Also, SF needs to put something into the little parks.
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 12:29 PM
Six Flags should just close the door over there and sell the property, everyone knows that they do not know how to operate an amusement park. 

I think that Six Flags is in for a rude awakening next year, alot of people have been turned off by the park over the past year including me.   

+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 12:34 PM

P>A!  I mean.../P>
P>FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">I hate to say this but i am happy about this. From what i hear, this park needs other general improvements and is fine when it comes to the coasters (unless they're only operating one train). I am hoping, and it's starting to look like more and more that six flags is going to give the big rides to the smaller parks that need it (SFDL, sfeg, sfkk, sfne, etc.) This makes me very happy because i feel they all need good new rides where as the other larger parks who repetitively get the new big rides can take a brake and get the other stuff which they really need./P>
-----------------
"who needs drugs when you have coasters...they're like a natural high"
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 12:37 PM
It could be that SF decided that it just wasn't worth the trouble and changed locations for the proposed hyper. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Wow, we're 0 for 2 now, no hyper and no 700ft freefall.
-----------------
Work like you've just gotten paid, Love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching!
+0
Saturday, September 8, 2001 4:01 PM
I submitted this to news earlier, but here's the LINK.
-----------------
http://www.PKIGuide.com
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC