SFWoA - TR June 14th

Associated parks:

Thursday, June 14, 2001 7:41 PM
Time spent at park: 2:00-10:30
Weather: 90 degrees and above!

Whew... what a hot day it was today. We planned on going to the park today (I called off work today pretending I was sick... sorry guys!) and I wasn't originally invited, but I went along anyways. We parked on the wild life side (which is a pretty big parking lot), which was a first for the season. There were about 300 or so cars in the whole lot. I wonder if the whole lot has ever been filled before Six Flags took over?

So we entered the park which is still relaxing. The parking lot seemed a lot quiter than the wild ride's lot. Pretty nice, actually.

While on the wild life side, we saw some shows: The Dolphin Show, the Pets Show (where dogs, cats, pigs, pigeons, and ducks all do tricks), The Pirates 3D Adventure, and we saw the sting rays (which I got to touch, woohoo!). Very slimey, they were. We also spent some time in Happy Harbor, and I saw those water balloon cages that have been mentioned. Pretty cool, actually.

We headed over to the Japanese store right by the pearl divers. We noticed the line for the pontoon boats were long, so we decided to take the boardwalk over (the walkway was closed).

The main point of this trip was to get my cousin and brother on X-Flight. I noticed X-Flight wasn't running in the beginning of the day, but I figured it'd open later in the day. I was right.

Before heading over to that area, we rode BKF which we waited a whopping 5 minutes for. 2 train operation, back seat. GREAT ride... wanted to come back at night, but didn't get the chance.

I saw that the Villain was not running, the first time it's been down on one of my visits. I wonder what's wrong...

Texas Twister was up and running.

Rode Serial Thriller, second seat. Decent ride, not as rough as last year.

Went over to Shipwreck Falls and the rest of the gang took a ride on that. I think standing on the bridge gets you just as wet as actually going on the ride, but that's just my opinion.

Hurricane Harbor, I noticed, was packed - but we never went in. The wave pool was incredibly packed and I didn't feel like getting trampled over by any big fat people, or little kids on their rafts (who I just flip over and blame it on the waves. Shame on me! ;lol )

Went over in X-Flight's line and figured it was about 2 hours long. It ended up only being 1 hour and a half long. My Mom and Aunt went cruising around the park while my brother, cousin, and I stayed in line. Luckily, I brought my CD player and Game Boy, so it kept us occupied. 1 train operation. OK dispatching times.. mechanics were inspecting the 2nd train, which was in the first station (only the 2nd station was open). Rode in the 4th row, and my cousin and brother LOVED it, as did I. It was a great ride... still very intense. Now I just have to ride it in the front row next visit.

After X-Flight, we stopped at Subway and got something to eat. Rest of the family rode the Yo-Yo while I ate.

Headed over to S:UE and rode that once, toward the front-middle. Rode with a woman who had never ridden it before. She was pretty frightened! She ended up enjoying the ride afterwards.

Was thinking of waiting in line for X-Flight for a night ride, but decided to ride some other rides.

We took a spin on the Monorail which had INCREDIBLY long dispatching times. Instead of lining the people up on the numbers, the guy just let anyone sit wherever. BAD MOVE. The girl who was "driving" the train was being asked, "Is there room for 3? How about 5? How about 1?" She must have gotten up from her seat quite a few times. We sat in the station for about 7 minutes, waiting for the guy to say "Clear". They were absolutely horrible.. for lack of better word, retarded.

Noticed that the wave pool closed at 6:00.. kind of odd. Thought it closed with the rest of HH.

Anyways, after the Monorail we rode on Big Dipper. One train operation, about a 20 minute wait for the front. MAJOR airtime throughout the ride. It's a great ride - especially in the night!

Big Dipper was the last ride of the night, we looked if the pontoon boats were open to take us back to the WL side, but they weren't running. The new ferry boat is in the dock and looks ready to go.

Walked over to the boardwalk, and listened to the overhead say "Attention. Six Flags is now closed...." It repeated that at least 6 times that night.

It was a great day, nonetheless. I wanted to take a spin on the Villain, and I was disappointed that it was closed ALL DAY. And I've heard it's been closed other days, too. Ahh well, I still have all summer to ride it again.

And I learned something while on this trip. NEVER wear flip-flops the whole day at an amusement park. The space between your big toe and the 2nd one becomes red and really sore. It still hurts now.. ouch.

Thanks for reading,
Friday, June 15, 2001 4:52 AM
Villain does seem to have a lot of down time. I don't care that much about X-Flight (it's on my been there, done that list), Villain is what I really like to ride there. It restored my faith in wood coasters and made me a CCI fan for life.

Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
Friday, June 15, 2001 12:03 PM
How did yer flip flops stay on on ST and S:UE!?

Steel top 5
4. Riddler's Revenge
5. Goliath
Friday, June 15, 2001 12:21 PM
Luckily, I was reminded by my cousin at the last seconds before the blast off to take off my flip flops unless I wanted to walk around the park bare footed. I remembered to take them off on ST, though.

Never again will I wear flip flops the whole day to an amusement park.

Chris B.
Friday, June 15, 2001 5:22 PM
FYI, the front seat on X-Flight is very good! Is it possible that they could use both station at the same time or what?

Rollercoasters are the secret of life!

Friday, June 15, 2001 9:01 PM
Speaking of losing things on rides. While riding the monorail I noticed 2 pairs of sunglasses, a watch, and a diposable camera on the roof of the wave pool building, I wonder how fast those thing go when they fly off Superman ultimate Escape Riders. I hope nobody ever takes one in the head!

*** This post was edited by G-Money on 6/16/2001. *** *** This post was edited by G-Money on 6/16/2001. ***
Saturday, June 16, 2001 6:49 AM
While in line for X-Flight, a pocketful of change came flying off from the flying by train. Thank God it didn't get me in the eye.

bigkirby: They haven't used both stations at the same time, to my knowledge. They may have a couple times, but for the majority they don't. They're still working out everything to make sure it is safe for everyone and yes, complaining comes along with the deal unfortunately. I'm sure most X-Flight workers are getting pretty impatient with this ride.

Chris B.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC