SFKK - April 8th

Associated parks:
None

Sunday, April 17, 2005 9:55 PM

SFKKThunderRun said:
I made a little boy cry today because I politely turned him away for being a quarter of an inch too short to ride, amongst the numerous people around me shouting "let him ride!" I guess we, as height checkers, are doomed either way.

I salute you. If it was pki thwy would have let him ride anyways and stop it on the lift.

+0
Monday, April 18, 2005 8:33 PM
I haven't been to SFKK in two years, but I'll give my view on this sucker.

I used to live in Louisville, Kentucky, and when we went to Kentucky Kingdom (The Thrill Park from back then), things were absolutely terrible. The Vampire always got stuck or was closed, Thunder Run beat the living crap out of everyone, the Starchaser seemed very dangerously operated, Hurricane Bay was a waste, Chang wasn't open yet. That all changed the year we moved to Nashville, Tennessee.

Opryland USA was never a great park, but it was a fun place to go if a corporate theme park environment was not for you. It had a great coaster (Chaos), the best of the Vekome SLC (The Hangman), and the best shows at any theme park ever. So what did Gaylord Enterprises do? They closed it to build a mall. The city of Nashville was without a theme park, and Dollywood had yet to become the place it is today. So, we started taking yearly trips back down to Kentucky Kingdom, and at this point, it had dropped the "The Thrill Park" image and became a Six Flags property.

Wow, things were different. The Vampire boomerang POS was gone, The Starchaser was finally replaced by something worthwhile, and the other side of the park had finally gotten its due. Chang had been put in, and it is still my favorite stand-up coaster ever. Twisted Twins has always been a fun dueling coaster that will always attract my attention. Mile High Falls, an awesome tidal-wave attraction was put in, along with Penguin's Blizzard River (Grizzly River Rampage from Opryland). Best of all, somehow, someway, Thunder Run was fixed. It no longer beat the crap out of you, but showed you who the real boss was (like The Texas Giant as SFoT does). Roadrunner Express has always been a fun wild mouse, and the Hellavator is a great entrance to the park. Hurricane Bay added a waterslide tower, so it finally became worth the price (free with admission).

The customer service has greatly improved from the beyond shoddy service from around 1995. In my time there, the employees always seemed friendly and always ok with a conversation from the customers. The park made good attempts to improve its look, planting flowers and adding fresh mulch to its beds routinely.

I don't see why so many people hate this park. Maybe I catch it on its only good days or something, but ever since Six Flags took over, I found nothing but improvement. The last few years, the crew over there has tried to destroy the image that tarnished the park for so long. I would like to say to all the SFKK employeees on the board, keep up the good work. I have seen nothing but improvement from you guys. I'm a hard guy to impress with this sort of stuff, since I live next to the excellently run Six Flags Over Texas, but I see a huge amount of potential in SFKK that is finally being cracked open a bit.


Have you ever seen a man eat his own face?

+0
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:14 PM
I think that coasterdude318 is one of those people who go to a park looking for $hit to b!TCH about! It also seems like he's not willing to accecpt change, even some of our favorite "park bashers" have been giving us high marks. Ryan R. and some friends had a good time, and coasterdude318 thought he would throw his 2 cents in and the post got off track!!!! Yes, we're not as "great" as some of the other parks, but it's a$$holes like you who run their mouths. You know nothing about our management team, their the best at what they do. If you knew half of what you think you do, you would realize that we're getting better, and soon we're gonna be one of the best!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!! *** Edited 4/19/2005 1:20:54 AM UTC by Fatguy619***

+0
Monday, April 18, 2005 10:02 PM

coastergoose said:
I haven't been to SFKK in two years, but I'll give my view on this sucker.

I used to live in Louisville, Kentucky, and when we went to Kentucky Kingdom (The Thrill Park from back then), things were absolutely terrible. The Vampire always got stuck or was closed, Thunder Run beat the living crap out of everyone, the Starchaser seemed very dangerously operated, Hurricane Bay was a waste, Chang wasn't open yet. That all changed the year we moved to Nashville, Tennessee.

Opryland USA was never a great park, but it was a fun place to go if a corporate theme park environment was not for you. It had a great coaster (Chaos), the best of the Vekome SLC (The Hangman), and the best shows at any theme park ever. So what did Gaylord Enterprises do? They closed it to build a mall. The city of Nashville was without a theme park, and Dollywood had yet to become the place it is today. So, we started taking yearly trips back down to Kentucky Kingdom, and at this point, it had dropped the "The Thrill Park" image and became a Six Flags property.

Wow, things were different. The Vampire boomerang POS was gone, The Starchaser was finally replaced by something worthwhile, and the other side of the park had finally gotten its due. Chang had been put in, and it is still my favorite stand-up coaster ever. Twisted Twins has always been a fun dueling coaster that will always attract my attention. Mile High Falls, an awesome tidal-wave attraction was put in, along with Penguin's Blizzard River (Grizzly River Rampage from Opryland). Best of all, somehow, someway, Thunder Run was fixed. It no longer beat the crap out of you, but showed you who the real boss was (like The Texas Giant as SFoT does). Roadrunner Express has always been a fun wild mouse, and the Hellavator is a great entrance to the park. Hurricane Bay added a waterslide tower, so it finally became worth the price (free with admission).

The customer service has greatly improved from the beyond shoddy service from around 1995. In my time there, the employees always seemed friendly and always ok with a conversation from the customers. The park made good attempts to improve its look, planting flowers and adding fresh mulch to its beds routinely.

I don't see why so many people hate this park. Maybe I catch it on its only good days or something, but ever since Six Flags took over, I found nothing but improvement. The last few years, the crew over there has tried to destroy the image that tarnished the park for so long. I would like to say to all the SFKK employeees on the board, keep up the good work. I have seen nothing but improvement from you guys. I'm a hard guy to impress with this sort of stuff, since I live next to the excellently run Six Flags Over Texas, but I see a huge amount of potential in SFKK that is finally being cracked open a bit.


thanks for the props.. i have been at Kentucky Kingdom for ten years... and was at a guest from the first day it opened in the 80's, then closed and then reopened in 90 and i have seen the place go through many changes... i apreciate the kind words as i am sure whatever supervisors, managers as well as TL's and TM's from SFKK that post on here or that don't post on here do as well.....

only omne problem tho.. Vampire didnt start having it's real problems until 99 (the year it got stuck twice and taken out :( ) i loved that ride haha.. later.

+0
Monday, April 18, 2005 11:55 PM

SFKKThunderRun said:

P.S. MHF was put in a few years before the park became Six Flags. No biggie though! Thanks again!


That's right, I just remembered the commercials from before Six Flags.

"The Vampire! The Starchaser! Hurricane Bay! Thunder Run! And now, Mile High Falls, the world's tallest thrill run!"


Have you ever seen a man eat his own face?

+0
Monday, April 18, 2005 11:57 PM

Vic_SFKK said:


thanks for the props.. i have been at Kentucky Kingdom for ten years... and was at a guest from the first day it opened in the 80's, then closed and then reopened in 90 and i have seen the place go through many changes... i apreciate the kind words as i am sure whatever supervisors, managers as well as TL's and TM's from SFKK that post on here or that don't post on here do as well.....

only omne problem tho.. Vampire didnt start having it's real problems until 99 (the year it got stuck twice and taken out ) i loved that ride haha.. later.


Was it really 1999? Maybe I'm thinking of that terrible boomerang at SFoT, Flashback. Still, I've never gotten off a boomerang model without a bloody nose, so I'll generalize in this case.


Have you ever seen a man eat his own face?

+0
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:01 AM

coastergoose said:

Vic_SFKK said:


thanks for the props.. i have been at Kentucky Kingdom for ten years... and was at a guest from the first day it opened in the 80's, then closed and then reopened in 90 and i have seen the place go through many changes... i apreciate the kind words as i am sure whatever supervisors, managers as well as TL's and TM's from SFKK that post on here or that don't post on here do as well.....

only omne problem tho.. Vampire didnt start having it's real problems until 99 (the year it got stuck twice and taken out ) i loved that ride haha.. later.


Was it really 1999? Maybe I'm thinking of that terrible boomerang at SFoT, Flashback. Still, I've never gotten off a boomerang model without a bloody nose, so I'll generalize in this case.


yep sure was... i was workign that day and had to work crowd control to keep people away from the ride and one of my best friends was working the ride at the time

+0
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:07 AM
My bad then.

Have you ever seen a man eat his own face?

+0
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:23 AM

Fatguy619 said:
I think that coasterdude318 is one of those people who go to a park looking for $hit to b!TCH about! It also seems like he's not willing to accecpt change, even some of our favorite "park bashers" have been giving us high marks. Ryan R. and some friends had a good time, and coasterdude318 thought he would throw his 2 cents in and the post got off track!!!! Yes, we're not as "great" as some of the other parks, but it's a$$holes like you who run their mouths. You know nothing about our management team, their the best at what they do. If you knew half of what you think you do, you would realize that we're getting better, and soon we're gonna be one of the best!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!! *** Edited 4/19/2005 1:20:54 AM UTC by Fatguy619***



are you a op on thunder run?

+0
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 1:34 AM

Fatguy619 said:
I think that coasterdude318 is one of those people who go to a park looking for $hit to b!TCH about! It also seems like he's not willing to accecpt change, even some of our favorite "park bashers" have been giving us high marks.

Oh, wow, you have me pegged. I really have nothing better to do than to drive eight hours to knowingly have a crappy day at Six Flags Kentuckass Kingdom. Please, somebody tell me why we don't have a "rolls eyes" smiley!

The last time I went to SFKK was a mere thirteen operating days ago. I have a difficult time accepting that the park has made a complete 180 in that time, especially since my last visit was just as bad (if not worse) than my first visit, which was five years ago. Then again, people are slow in Kentucky.

PS: That button above the reply box marked with an "I" will take those italics off for you. You seem to be having trouble.

-Nate

+0
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 1:43 AM

coasterdude318 said:


Then again, people are slow in Kentucky.

-Nate


Now was that really neccessary? Seriously, for a while there you were raising a decent argument, till you had to throw a low-blow like that.

+0
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:10 AM
I've always had a great time at SFKK. It has one of my favorite woodies, Thunder Run. Last May 2004, TR was really giving out some phenomenal rides. Also, I love the classic Anton shuttle! I experienced good customer service when I visited. It took me all of what *1 minute* I think to process my season pass. The food service staff in one restaurant was really nice. They even offered to call over to another side of the park to a restaurant I wanted to dine in to see if it was still serving. I just don't get the b****ing about this park. *** Edited 4/20/2005 4:12:04 AM UTC by thrillerman1***
I survived a Japanese typhoon and the Togo flat ride of death!!!!!!
+0
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:57 AM

Beast Tamer said:
Also IMO sfkk's ride operations are way better than geuaga lake, hell maybe even better than cp.

Oh man, I thought I had made a smart-ass comment on this. Oh well, I can't remember it now, I'll let the sig do the talking :)

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2021, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...