I dont think they will put anything else up. I think they toned it down compared to last year. Proably some one complained that it was to scary. Now there are to different zones the scary zone and the not so scary zone.The scary zone is from Orleans place to the end of Yankee Harbor its very small the not so scary zone is from Hometown Sqaure to Yukon Territory. The Southwest territory is kinda scary some themeing and ghost cowboys walking around. Carousel Plaza is scary just because its the main part as you walk in. It is very well themed. Last year fright fest was alot better.
I don't think they finished the themeing on time. I was talking to an employee about the Iron Werewolf sign and he said they were really behind schedule as far as Fright Fest decorations are concerned.
I went there Saturday and it was wasn't nearly as scary as in past years. I complained at guest relations that there was no Boo Line and the guy said that he has gotten a ton of complaints about it. So maybe now they will have it this weekend. I'm going back on Friday so I will see then.
Why the Shockwave being taken down effect the amount of decorations they have for Fright Fest. The crew that is taking down the Shockwave can't be the employes so it wouldn't effect the amount decorations they put up.
Booline is the train that circles the park. It always was one of the most heavily themed parts of the park, taking out 1 station and having live actors on most of the line. IMO, one of the best parts of fright-fest in terms of ride themeing (that and Hersey Highway & the bumper cars)
There were A LOT of budget cuts this year. Going all-out for the railroad wasn't in the budget, thats why it didn't happen. That and Six Flags isn't on good terms with iWERKS, which supplies the films for SSA. Thats why no Superstition and they had to go back to Shuttle. The park knew it could get away with it this year, but they know better for next season.
Budget cuts = less money for decorations AND the money that was used to pay employees to decorate the park. Hopefully if the park has a better season next year FF will be a little better. If it doesn't, I hate to think what it could become.
Proabably they will add more next year. It seem every year there is something new they go all out to try to impress the people who come for the new thing. Last year it was really busy because Deja Vu was opening so they had more money to spend on themeing.Not as many people means not enough money for theming. Next year when Superman opens it will proably be the same way as 2001.
The last time that they didn't have the Boo line which was 1999 it returned the next year. It said in the brochure in 2000 back by popular demand, so I don't see why they took it away again. Even if they didn't have alot of money to spend, that is the best Fright Fest ride there is so they should have kept it.