Associated parks:

Sunday, September 16, 2001 12:53 PM
In light of all that has happened this week Iwas not really up to going to SFA this weekend but decided to go anyway.It sure felt good to be able to laugh and have a good time after a weeks worth of grief.We arrived at SFA shortly after 1100 am and as expected the park wasn't very crowded.After entering the park we headed straight to S:ROS which was closed on our last visit (8-25-01).As  we approached the coaster we could see that Batwing was appearently stranded on the lift and the crews were in the proccess of evacuating everyone from the train.As for S:ROS the ride was up and running with two trains and only a moderate wait of around 15-20 minutes for the front seat.Afterwards we decided to hit some wood so we headed over to wild one.After about a 20 minute wait for the front seat we were finally on our way.We noticed at least at the time that fastlane wasn't being used and they were loading as normal.After a good airtime filled ride we took  off to ride some flat rides.Iron Eagle was the first flat ride of choice seeing as it was running perfectly all day.This time however they were not loading the ride by row as they usually do instead we all were able to choose which row we wanted so we rode in the back row.Afterward we decided to hit another coaster so we headed for roar which was closed due to a brake problem so we used this chance to break for lunch.After lunch we headed back over to Batwing which had just re opened so we were among the first in line making it a practicle walk on.After the first run we decided to ride again so we got in line which was a bit longer by that time but once again we got on in ten minutes due to a need for two single riders.After two rides on Batwing it was on to Joker's Jinx again with a short to moderate wait for the front seat.By this time roar had re opened so we headed over that way.The wait was about 25 minutes for the front seat but like wild one nice and fast with great airtime once again a  second ride was in order so we got back in line again this time for the middle of the train.Next up Mind Eraser.On our way to coyote creek we noticed that the sign over that section has been removed I wonder if anyone else has noticed that?Mind Eraser had a moderate to long but fast moving line it only took about ten minutes for the second row.After a quick dinner break we were back on wild one once again a long but rather quick line by this time they were back to using fastlane again however.Afterwards another round of flat rides was in order so we headed for the flying carousel and followed that up with a ride on high seas.Now it was back to the coasters.First stop S:ROS the wait time was a bit longer this time than earlier in the day after a 20 minute wait we got on.By this time it was 630 pm so we headed on back to batwing.We had to wait nearly 2 hours to ride though due to repeated breakdowns.Once again the crews had to evacuate the 2nd row of the train.After fixing the problem they re-loaded the train again and sent it out .Once again it got stuckso they had to fully evacuate the train and test run it.On the first test run it got stuck yet again but they were able to re start it.On the 2nd test run the entire crowd was chanting go! go! go! as the train made it's ascent and this time it worked.So after 2 hours and 2 breakdowns we were finally on board.By that time it was already 830 pm and the park was closed so we headed home.Speacial thanks to the Buzzer known as Lorrie who's post in the special forum inspired me to make this trip when I would otherwise have not.Lorrie I hope your trip to PKD this weekend went as well as my trip to SFA.

    god bless America.

Monday, September 17, 2001 6:24 AM
Believe it or not, I was there too. In fact, I was in the S:ROS line as they were evacuating Batwing (wearing an Exterminator sweatshirt). I rode S:ROS thrice, the final time with I-Fan. We then hit up JJ, Wild One, the Rodeo (twice) and the Octopus (which made us both a little queasy) before I-Fan had to leave. I hung around hoping ROAR would open. Ate, caught the Wild West Stunt Show (which is funny everytime I watch it), and they snagged a backseat ride on ROAR. I guess I left somewhere around 4pm. It was good to get out though.

Sidenote, there were so many people there wearing red/white/blue or American Flag t-shirts. It was also the first time I can remember when the white folks seemed to outnumber the black folks..
--who almost went to PKD as well...

Monday, September 17, 2001 9:03 AM
I may have seen you there.I do recall seeing someone wearing an Exterminator shirt while in Batwing's que as well as in a couple of other areas of the park.I was wearing an SFA signature t-shirt and a Pittsburgh pirates jacket.My friend was wearing his SFA worlds greatest coasters t-shirtand a black and orange Orioles jacket.
Monday, September 17, 2001 9:46 AM
Glad to hear they reopened Batwing, but it stinks they had to evacuate the ride again. Oh well.
Wednesday, September 19, 2001 12:26 PM
I too was in line for S: ROS while they Batwing was stuck. I was wearing my H:XLC shirt.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC