SFA 04-09-04

Associated parks:
None

Saturday, April 10, 2004 3:25 PM
Just finished writing a huge TR, only to find that my login had expired, thus losing it all.

So here's the reader's digest version:

JJ, Iron Eagle closed all day

Batwing closed most of the day

Mind Eraser down on and off

Wild One had 2 train op, and was EXCELLENT! My only complaint is the lack of banking in the helix. 9/10

Roar, 2 trains as well, running GREAT! My only complaint, no MF trains. 9/10

S:ROS, 1 train, blue is nowhere to be seen, running as good as ever, nothing compares to the front seat rides, (except for its bigger brother at SFNE). 10/10

Tower of Doom, 2 sides operating, Great drop ride, i'd take it over the drops on Dominator (Dorney's not GL's), Supreme Scream (KBF) and Scream (SFNE). 9/10

Batwing finally opened, and we got there before the line formed, running fine, except for the loub vibrations coming from the train, VERY annoying. 1 train op, other train is in pieces in various places. Restraints SUCK especially when I get stapled to the point of pain and discomfort. 8/10

PBR - FUN ride, don't get wet at all 8/10

Mind Eraser - smoothest SLC i've ever ridden, but it's still an SLC, 7/10

There was some red paint on a couple of the supports, perhaps they're testing it for a new paint job, or perhaps it's just blood from a rider's ears.

On our way out, we saw a girl with a food cart, wheeling some metal pans, one of them fell, and a turkey leg landed on the ground. She put it back in the pan. We followed her and found her putting that very leg on display for sale. Yuck!

Overall: Decent park with decent rides, just wish they'd have them all open at once with more than one train (SROS and Batwing). 8/10

+0
Saturday, April 10, 2004 3:56 PM
Nice, small TR.

How where the lines?

Yuch about the turkey leg. Did you tell Guest Service?

+0
Saturday, April 10, 2004 4:48 PM
Sounds like you had a good time compared to how things were for me just last weekend & now you know why I avoid the food while in the park.

Iron eagle & JJ won't be running for quite a while...they still need to finish putting the lights back on & final testing must be done before it can open to the public & from what I heard JJ got stuck in the upwards curve just after the sidewinder inversion during testing the other day so they didn't bother opening it,they're gonna wait til the track warms up some more first.

So I'm not the only one who found ME to be suprisingly smooth when I rode it last weekend? give it some time & it'll probably be back to the usual hang and bang style that SLC's are most famous for.

I'm glad to hear that S:ROS is finally up & running :) I just hope they can keep it that way for at least a month or so til I get down there again....I didn't get to ride it at all last weekend :( but I'll be sure to make up for it when I visit on may 1st.

+0
Saturday, April 10, 2004 9:39 PM
What Batwing Fan didn't say was later the JJ train finished coming back into the station. They did kick the motor back on for JJ around 6:30 as I was walking past but it never launched.

S:ROS blue trains are being rehabed and will be back in a couple of weeks. Found that out from a engineer working on the ride yesterday. Also, did anyone notice the new paint job on the red train?

+0
Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:42 AM

BATWING FAN SFA said:


Iron eagle & JJ won't be running for quite a while... what I heard JJ got stuck in the upwards curve just after the sidewinder inversion during testing the other day so they didn't bother opening it,they're gonna wait til the track warms up some more first.


You really need to STOP listening to whoever you're getting your info from...........

Joker Jinx was open saturday 4/10/04 and ran nicely

And from speaking with "reliable" sources the issue had nothing to do with cold, and alot to do with lim adjustments......

SAM

+0
Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:44 AM

coasterguts said:
What Batwing Fan didn't say was later the JJ train finished coming back into the station. They did kick the motor back on for JJ around 6:30 as I was walking past but it never launched.

what you hear as you pass JJ is a air compressor used on the brakes. If the ride is turned on, you'll sporadically hear that sound....

SAM

+0
Sunday, April 11, 2004 10:27 AM
What I heard didn't sound like an air compressor. What I heard was more like a generator. I couldn't think of the term when I wrote my earlier remark. It kicked on for 30 seconds and then kicked off. *** Edited 4/11/2004 2:27:48 PM UTC by coasterguts***
+0
Sunday, April 11, 2004 11:29 AM
It was probably the air compressor filling with air. It requires a motor, at least the one in my garage does...
+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:14 AM

SFGAdv lover said:
Wild One had 2 train op, and was EXCELLENT! My only complaint is the lack of banking in the helix.
Interesting...I find that the helix is the best part of Wild One, specifically because it is not highly banked. The laterals are fantastic.
+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:21 AM

Vater said:
Interesting...I find that the helix is the best part of Wild One, specifically because it is not highly banked. The laterals are fantastic.

But the laterals hurt, o so much

+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 10:56 AM

SFGAdv lover said:

Vater said:
Interesting...I find that the helix is the best part of Wild One, specifically because it is not highly banked. The laterals are fantastic.

But the laterals hurt, o so much


Its comical how people frown on the re-profile of the turn around on Wild One, and almost in the same breath condemn the laterals on the final helix!

the old turn around was a violent rib bruising lateral slamfest, the helix is mild in comparison....

SAM

+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 1:15 PM
Personally, I love the helix for those same intense laterals. I usually don't like the "bruising" wooden coasters, but I don't find the helix to be very bruising.

Sean

+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 2:28 PM
Ah, I loved that turnaround, Sam. Lateral bliss.
+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 6:44 PM

Sam A. Marks said:
Its comical how people frown on the re-profile of the turn around on Wild One, and almost in the same breath condemn the laterals on the final helix!

the old turn around was a violent rib bruising lateral slamfest, the helix is mild in comparison....

SAM


Sam, they just don't make these kids that tough anymore. "Oh, the helix hurts," well then, don't ride. Wimps!

+0
Monday, April 12, 2004 6:51 PM
Amen Vater,that turnaround was sweet before SF went & ruined it in my opinion.

The helix could use a bit more banking though...I got a bit sore after riding so many times in a row & maybe having the trim just before the helix isn't such a bad idea after all.

Sam: can we put all of this debate over accuracy aside? I already know JJ didn't get stuck in the turn after the sidewinder in such a way that they couldn't get it back to the station....it was because of this problem that the ride didn't open that day.

I wasn't in the park at the time to see for myself & was just posting what I read in someone else's TR...not my own personal observation.

+0
Thursday, April 15, 2004 11:27 AM

BATWING FAN SFA said:
Amen Vater,that turnaround was sweet before SF went & ruined it in my opinion.

The helix could use a bit more banking though...I got a bit sore after riding so many times in a row & maybe having the trim just before the helix isn't such a bad idea after all.

Sam: can we put all of this debate over accuracy aside? I already know JJ didn't get stuck in the turn after the sidewinder in such a way that they couldn't get it back to the station....it was because of this problem that the ride didn't open that day.

I wasn't in the park at the time to see for myself & was just posting what I read in someone else's TR...not my own personal observation.


As long as you post truth, and not "what you heard" or "read" The problem I have is that you word your comments as if you know everything that's going on in the park.....but ya don't!

AND SFN is not a very good site to get TRUTH from.....

*** Edited 4/15/2004 3:29:44 PM UTC by Sam A. Marks***

+0
Thursday, April 15, 2004 2:21 PM
SFN is now history,I'm now over at east coast coasters.
+0
Friday, April 16, 2004 8:02 AM

BATWING FAN SFA said:
SFN is now history,I'm now over at east coast coasters.

No offense, but any site that puts quantity of posts as a priority of quality is not the place to find TRUTH.

My suggestion, is simply to treat everything as a rumor, till you have seen absolute proof.

SAM

+0
Friday, April 16, 2004 10:50 AM
Well that's all great.. and all, but I'd love for someone to tell me why when we visited on 4/7 getting there at 3 until close (7)...

Superman cycled one train VERRRY slowly all day, never opened, yet they allowed people to line up to Chaos with no response from the crew...

Batwing didn't open until very late in the evening...

JJ did not open at all...

Wild One had both trains running, but only one was ever used with people, and then they subbed that train out for the other one...

Would love some answers to this..

Brian, who is glad he visited your park early last year, but can see why someone who visited on THIS day could easily swear the park off for good.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...