PointBuzz ranks the top 10 Cedar Point news stories of 2014

Posted Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:35 PM | Contributed by Jeff

From great fundraisers for Give Kids The World, to a weekend closure following a water main break, it was a busy year at Cedar Point. PointBuzz looks back at the top 10 stories.

Read more from PointBuzz.

Related parks

Thursday, January 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Cedar Point is always the center of attention.

+0
Thursday, January 1, 2015 10:25 AM

And on a web site dedicated to Cedar Point, no less. Groundbreaking.

+5Loading
Thursday, January 1, 2015 8:29 PM

#9, the closing of the Good Time Theater, will lead to the #1 news story next year, methinks.

And I disagree with #1 and #2. I totally forgot about the water main break, but the repainting and renaming of Mantis is still in the front of my mind. They should be switched, at least.

+0
Thursday, January 1, 2015 9:12 PM

You should have voted!

+3Loading
Friday, January 2, 2015 2:43 AM

I voted, and I put the water story as number one. It comes from a completely different direction than we consider most park news stories, in that it isn't about a new whatever- those are stories we expect. To me the main break was the incident that caused the greatest unexpected impact on a huge number of people. It also generated an enormous amount of discussion that extended past fan circles.

+3Loading
Friday, January 2, 2015 4:14 AM

I'm glad to see that Jason McClure's arrival as General Manager made the list. Along with a number of others like Matt Ouimet, he seems to be responsible for a distinct change in "personality" at the park to the kind of place that is more willing to put time and money into additions like the Frontier Trail improvements, additional Live E throughout the park, and events like the beach party. I look forward to seeing what else he has in mind for the park in the future.

+0
Friday, January 2, 2015 10:53 AM

It was certainly my #1 story, since it was the one weekend I was there, for Coasting For Kids no less. Pretty heartbreaking to explain to a 4-year-old ASD kid that he can't go to the park for reasons that don't even make sense to him. We made the most of it, but what I hoped would be three days of good times was a train wreck.

+0
Friday, January 2, 2015 7:00 PM

For those of us fascinated with the more mundane business side of things, the water main break would certainly qualify as #1.

edited to add: And I wasn't even personally affected - if I had traveled to go there, it would be an absolute no-brainer.

Last edited by rollergator, Friday, January 2, 2015 7:02 PM
+0
Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:46 AM

Was reminded tonight on FB of Coaster Campout v1.0.

How did that not make the list?

+1Loading
Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:39 AM

Relative to the size of the audience that voted, I'm sure not that many people were there.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC