Monday, August 26, 2002 7:39 AM
I am planning on making a trip to pki and i have a few questions
1. Do I need to spend the whole day? I am planning on doing all the coasters and a few flats.
2. Do the brakes on the Beast ruin it or not?
3. What day should I go on?
4. What ride should I run to when the park opens?
Monday, August 26, 2002 7:51 AM
1) Yes, 2) No, 3) NOT on a Saturday if it can be avoided...
as for 4) if you CAN participate in the walk-back, no need to run....if not, go to Action Zone for DZ and Face-Off....this would be my option...and catch TR later in the day....those are the three low-capacity rides based on my experience...others know PKI a lot better than I do, though.....
Monday, August 26, 2002 7:57 AM
Yes try to participate in the walkback. It can be a large help. I'd recomend spending the whole day there! You can get some great rerides as long as it's not on Saturday. Wednesday is ususally the least crowded and the best time to go. The brakes on The Beast do not ruin it although it doesn't allow it to preform at it it's best. You can't beat a front seat ride at night.
Monday, August 26, 2002 9:02 AM
You have to get a night ride on the beast. But if you plan on going and getting a night ride your days are limited. Other than Fear fest I dont know if teh park is still open past dark.
Monday, August 26, 2002 10:02 AM
If at all possible, go this week. I say that because most of the local schools are either back in session or are going back later this week. Also, if you do go this week, the park closes at 6, so I would recommend 1 1/2 to 2 days there. Also, no the brakes do not ruin Beast, and I would recommend starting in the Action Zone and working your way clockwise around the park.
SOB crew in twenty 02
96 SOB laps, and not tired of it yet!
Monday, August 26, 2002 10:04 AM
I would think if you do it right you would only need one day this week. Even though it closes at 6 and you would miss the night rides on the beast. I bet the park will be so empty that you might get bored, seriously.
Monday, August 26, 2002 3:27 PM
This is the last week to go to PKI during the week. I would stay away from the park labor day weekend. Also, keep in mind that the discounted tickets are available through labor day weekend. After labor day weekend, the park is closed to the public and all pass holders untill the last weekend in September when the park is open weekends through the first weekend of November with closing times of 7. However, FearFest will run on Saturday`s in October 8pm throu 1 am and there will be plenty of night rides available.
Coney Island (Cincinnati) ride operator
Monday, August 26, 2002 10:40 PM
1. Less than a full day is not enough to ride all the coasters.
2. Not earlier this year, but the last time I rode it they had added a break on the first lift, and that one ruined it. I'd give even odds that they've realized this and taken it off by now though.
3. DO NOT EVER GO ON A SATURDAY - or this Friday for that matter. This Friday is bring a friend free day. Between that, gay day, and being open until midnight, I'm guessing it will be the second busiest day this year. If you go this week, many of the flat rides will be closed due to school being in session, so I'd reccomend a Sunday.
4. If you can't do the walkback, head for FOF. It generally has the longest line during the day.
Tuesday, August 27, 2002 9:36 AM
Yep, I would think you would be able to do all the coasters in a day, I did all of the coasters on Sunday at CP. If you go Wednesday and get their at open you should easily be able to get a couple rerides on what you like.
(Former Signature replaced due to bad joke with accident) The Beast at night-Two peas in a pod? http://www.geocities.com/moviecoaster/safetyeditorial- Next article against Markey!
Tuesday, August 27, 2002 5:05 PM
Even on a Sunday, some flat rides and others may be closed or partially operating, since it is near the end of the season. Crowdwise, visit tomorrow, Thursday, or Sunday. Monday (Labor Day) may not be bad either. On those days, the max wait on most stuff should be an hour or less.
It's a purple thing. You wouldn't understand. (See, I've got you saying "What?")