XLC and Volcano are on different sides of the park. Start off by going to the right of the Eiffel tower and follow the path to HyperSonic. After you do that, go on the path between Shockwave and Rebel Yell. Follow that to Volcano. After you do that, go to the right of Volcano (left of the exit) and ride FOF. You might be able to get multiple laps in on this one if it's early enough. After you've ridden FOF, go next door to Anaconda. This will probably be a walk on. Then, go on the path you went to Volcano on, and ride Shockwave. Continue walking towards HyperSonic. Ride Ricochet and the woodies as you want. Grizzly is located next to an arcade and the entrance is small so it's easy to miss. All the other woodies are in the HyperSonic area. They check your bags throughly so you probably won't beable to get food or drink in.
"Nothin wrong with a little airtime"
That's right hypersoninic but there is no mad dash to XLC. They walk you back. Try to get an early spot in the crowd. Don't pass the security gaurd or they will send you to the back.
88 coasters in Track Record!! Hypersonic XLC Coaster # 100 in July.
Alpengeist(BGW) here I come!!(July 2002)
ok, here are my suggestions(PKD is my home park)
1. dont go to XLC first, big mistake. for one reason, EVERYONE goes there first. and chances are, unless you stay right behind the security guard, you wont get a short wait. there is alot of pushing, shoving, and everybody tripping on everybody else. this is the same issue with volcano.
2. i suggest going to FoF first. FoF is next to volcano and anaconda. XLC is clear across the park, away from FoF and volcano. tomorrow is a monday, so you should get a very good day, as far as waits are concerned. with this, go to FoF, and get as many rides on it as you can before the line starts to develope, because the loading time can get a little slow when more people get in line for it.
3. after FoF, check volcano and see how that goes. if its 1hr or less, go ahead and wait. i suggest the front seat for volcano. there isnt a positive difference in the back like there is in alot of coasters.
4. after volcano, work your way back to the hypersonic/ricochet/hurler area. on your way, you can ride(in order)anaconda, shockwave, and rebel yell. avalanche is also next to volcano, so if you want, take a ride on that before you work your way to the other side of the park.
5. once you ride hypersonic, do whatever. the only reason i suggest this, is because hypersonic normally opens about 30mins - 1hr after everything else opens. more than likely, you will have a 30min wait without this delay. so if you are there at the entrance at about 10:45, you will probably actually get in line around 11:15 or earlier, and then another 30 min wait after that. the line for hypersonic should stay a steady 1hr wait most of the day, and will most likely go down some a little later.
6. i havent had a problem with getting my own drinks into the park. basically, they look in your bag really quick, but dont search everything. i got about 6 cans of coke in when me and my friend went a while ago. so, thats not too hard.
good luck and have fun on your trip. i dont suggest water works because there isnt a whole lot there, and the lines on pipeline peak are insane. especially for the purple/black slides. lines for coaster will also go down some in the 1:00 - 3:00 range when alot of people go to the water park. so its your chance to wait a little bit less.
again, good luck and have fun!
I live about a half an hour from PKD, and its raining on and off today (Sunday), so it probably won't be crowded. I don't know if its suppose to rain tomorrow or not.
Either goto Volcano or FoF first because the last time I was at PKD at opening, Hypersonic didn't open right away. They check your bags pretty good, so you probably can't get any drinks in. Awhile ago, I used to bring a cooler into the park with Subway and eat it, but I don't know if they would allow that. You can get free water from anywhere. Not so bad I guess.
If you go to the water park, go under Rebel Yell to the back part first and get on Pipeline Peak ones, especially the Black one, its a good one.
Have Fun!! Lines should be short seeing that it rained!
Drop Oup at PKD in 2003!
Sneaking things in? Even better! Try this, carry it in your hand & ask nicely. If it's something like Gatorade they generally, from my experience, let me take that in. Otherwise, leave it in the car, it's only fair to the natural order & the other guests. The rules are set for everyone, where does making exceptions for yourself end?
Plus, I like to get Volcano so out of the way fast, mainly because of an ever-growing distaste for the quee areas, heat, bees, gum, vandalism. It doesn't operate near capacity, & you can be there for a while, rather unpredictable. Get it over with is our way;). Hypersonic & FOF are much more worth a little wait. Especially FOF, it's not a bad thing to stand around there on a hot day.
The lines on Sunday aren't too bad. Sometimes they aren't good, but usually they are pretty nice. Woodies are always a walkon.
Last year, when I went to BGW on a Saturday, it was pretty packed, but towards the end of the day, the lines were shorter. During the day, Big Bad Wolf had about an hour wait, and Loch Ness Monster was 30-45 minutes. Apollo during the night is about 30 min.
Drop Oup at PKD in 2003!
You must be logged in to post