Pipeline Coasters

Friday, June 14, 2002 4:38 PM
I saw a pipeline coaster being built by Arrow but it never opened. It was in a coaster book. They say that rides like Ultra Twister are pipelines. I don't think they are. ANyone have any history about them or information?

-----------------
-Sean Newman
83 coasters and soon to be more
Life is a roller coaster Ride It!

+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 4:39 PM

Ultra twister is a TOGO pipeline.

-----------------
I'm Fat!


+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 4:41 PM

Is that what pipelines are. The ones with the circular cars were it goes through the course on the rings?

-----------------
-Sean Newman
83 coasters and soon to be more
Life is a roller coaster Ride It!

+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 4:46 PM
Well, the Togo pipeline coaster is different from the Arrow pipeline but it's the same basic principal - much like the concept between the Vekoma and B&M flyers is the same but the actual rides are different. Arrow's pipeline coasters could turn corners, however, and Togo's cannot. Intamin learned how to basically create Arrow's pipeline coaster without putting the train between the rails which makes Arrow's idea pointless anyway.

-Nate

+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 4:54 PM
What do you mean by putting it between the rails?

-----------------
-Sean Newman
83 coasters and soon to be more
Life is a roller coaster Ride It!

+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 4:55 PM

here is all you will ever need to know about pipeline coasters.

http://www.coasterglobe.com/features/history-pipeline/index.cfm a very good ariticle i might add.

+0
Friday, June 14, 2002 7:14 PM
The Arrow pipeline isn't a total "pipe", it's more of a half-pipe. Unlike TOGO's, it can turn and do different elements and inversions like half loops. Arrow only made one, a prototype at their Utah location. I don't know if they offer it for sale anymore, though. It would be nice just to be able to ride the prototype.

-----------------
HuKeD oNN fonickS dusinT wOrK"[;.

+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 3:47 AM

Raging Rider said:
The Arrow pipeline isn't a total "pipe", it's more of a half-pipe. Unlike TOGO's, it can turn and do different elements and inversions like half loops. Arrow only made one, a prototype at their Utah location. I don't know if they offer it for sale anymore, though. It would be nice just to be able to ride the prototype.

-----------------
HuKeD oNN fonickS dusinT wOrK"[;.



Togo Pipelines can do half loops, turns, spin and dives, and vertical drops as well.

-----------------
Lake Compounce-So Fresh and So Clean Clean

+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 8:34 AM

Vertigo said:

Raging Rider said:
The Arrow pipeline isn't a total "pipe", it's more of a half-pipe. Unlike TOGO's, it can turn and do different elements and inversions like half loops. Arrow only made one, a prototype at their Utah location. I don't know if they offer it for sale anymore, though. It would be nice just to be able to ride the prototype.

-----------------
HuKeD oNN fonickS dusinT wOrK"[;.


Togo Pipelines can do half loops, turns, spin and dives, and vertical drops as well.

-----------------
Lake Compounce-So Fresh and So Clean Clean



Togo "pipelines" are actually called Heartline Twisters and do not turn. They go out in a straight line, often with a vertical lift and near vertical drops, the only available inversion is a heartline spin. At the end of the first half of the track, they are transferred to lower track and go back to the station. These are the heartline twisters found in RCT.

-----------------
HuKeD oNN fonickS dusinT wOrK"[;.

+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 8:48 AM

Viper at SFGADV turns.

http://rcdb.com/installationdetail33.htm

*** This post was edited by B&M ROCKS on 6/15/2002. ***

+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 9:55 AM

Ultra Twister at Rusutsu Resprt does a a half loop as well. Don't think so narrow minded, remember that the world of coasters goes beyond America.
+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 1:26 PM

I think we know the Viper turns. Now, about a pipeline coaster...

-----------------
Planned parks: Astroland, Knoebel's, Hersheypark, SFNE, SFGadv,SFGam,CP,PKI,PKD,PCW,HW,Indiana Beach,SFWOA,SFKK,SFDL,SFSTL,Lakemont,DelGrosso's... Need I say more?

+0
Saturday, June 15, 2002 2:19 PM
It would be nice to see the pipeline come back but unfortunatly it is obsolete. B&M, Intamin and a lot of other coaster company's can do things with their coasters that once could only be performed by pipelines. So, today there is really no point in making them

-----------------
"The opposite of war isn't peace, its creation," Rent.

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 7:05 AM
Dragon: Thanks for the article link. Very informative!

-------------
Men are like parking spaces... the good ones are all taken and the rest are handicapped or too far away.
www.TiggerMan.com

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 7:23 AM
Yea thanks for the link. Viper has those rings there for effect, its not a heart line AT ALL.

-----------------
Can we change the name of Top Gun to your mom so no one wants to ride your mom?

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 8:34 AM

yea no problem, coasterglobe has tons of ariticles like that. anytime dudes.

accutually Viper is a heartline, it was the first standard coaster to perform a heartline. the rings were put on by TOGO for the roll, but the other rings were added later because they thought it would lok dumb wiht just the single part in coils.

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 9:00 AM

Vertigo said:

Ultra Twister at Rusutsu Resprt does a a half loop as well. Don't think so narrow minded, remember that the world of coasters goes beyond America.


RCDB describes it as a twist and dive, ala Manhattan Express. Question: How does the car turn back around to go forward up the lift and through the circuit?

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 9:09 AM

MarimbaGuy 87 said:

I think we know the Viper turns. Now, about a pipeline coaster...

-----------------
Planned parks: Astroland, Knoebel's, Hersheypark, SFNE, SFGadv,SFGam,CP,PKI,PKD,PCW,HW,Indiana Beach,SFWOA,SFKK,SFDL,SFSTL,Lakemont,DelGrosso's... Need I say more?



Viper is a pipeline. Pipeline is the same as heartline twister. Viper is the first hertline twister to turn.

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 10:59 AM

B&M ROCKS said:

MarimbaGuy 87 said:

I think we know the Viper turns. Now, about a pipeline coaster...

-----------------
Planned parks: Astroland, Knoebel's, Hersheypark, SFNE, SFGadv,SFGam,CP,PKI,PKD,PCW,HW,Indiana Beach,SFWOA,SFKK,SFDL,SFSTL,Lakemont,DelGrosso's... Need I say more?


Viper is a pipeline. Pipeline is the same as heartline twister. Viper is the first hertline twister to turn.



Actually, Cycle Coaster was the first pipeline with turns.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...