Since Phantom Theater at PKI is closing, I have a few questions about it that I never figured out.
1. In some cases, old dark rides don't have any walls. Only certain parts of the ride are illuminated at certain times, so you can't tell if there are walls or not. So here's my question, does Phantom Theater have walls? I know it may sound stupid, but every time I go on this ride, at certain points, I am able to see other parts of the ride, which you would have passed before, or will pass.
2. Do the cars that you sit in on Phantom Theater follow the same route the boats did when that building housed the Smurf Ride?
3. When Phantom Theater is removed, what will happen to all the themeing and animatronics?
Intelligence is a God given gift: Know how to use it.
1. There are SOME walls, I know this for sure, I think it does use walls everywhere though, because you can obviously see them.
2. I don't think the Smurf ride loaded outside, I think it loaded in also, also the hill you go up and down is the same as in the Smurf Ride,
3. I think the Animitronics and such will be given to another Paramount Park or auctioned off,
If I am wrong on any or all of these forgive me please.
Can we change the name of Top Gun to your mom so no one wants to ride your mom?
The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage as well as the Hanna Barbera ride loaded and unloaded outside on the platform that is now part of the queue for Top Cats Taxi Jam (the kiddie coaster). You would enter from the center of the platform, and head west, toward the current PT entrance, then turn (past a big snail) into the building. The return was out from almost the same location (more west) then back to the station.
I believe the whole building was gutted when Phantom Theater went in. I worked at KI when HB switched to Smurf. Then it was just a big warehouse with a boat trough and animatronics. PT is much more, and certainly follows a unique path.
Sometimes lurkers speak . . .
1. Phantom Theatre does have walls, however most are all facades and not weight bearing at all. Many of them do not even reach the ceiling of the building. Also, a lot of the walls actually hide the mechanics and animatronics that operate the effects.
2. The route PT follows is unique to Phantom Theatre. It does not follow the same path that the former Enchanted rides took.
3. The animatronics and props will be removed and sold silently. I woudl not expect them to show up at other parks to be used on other rides. There is no chance of GP obtaining parts. From what I understand the fate off all the characters and props of Phantom Theatre is decided and they are spoken for.
A.K.A. John K.
Coney Island (Cincinnati) ride operator
I would suspect that they are marked for REMOVAL...........
Hmmmmmmmm.... now what could be happening to them???? Why would they need to be removed????
Gang, I think we just found our second clue!
A.K.A. John K.
Posting, "Me too" like some brain dead AOLer. I ought to to the world a favor, and cap you like old yeller...
*** This post was edited by redman822 on 7/12/2002. ***
--Dave Althoff, Jr.
*** This post was edited by RideMan on 7/12/2002. ***
You must be logged in to post